UBot Underground

How can do this with the new feature table. I have a csv file that I will use for reporting. Please see the image below.

post-440-12785507522998_thumb.jpg

How can I insert the new datas on the next blank line without assigning specific row and column so it will not overwrite the current data?

Thanks!

This is classic Array processing so it is VERY possible. It is just a matter of using your indexed variables and incrementing them when you need to.

I think you have some time right now since there is still a minor problem with the Table processing. No sense in building a bot with this if the function is not 100%.

I will see if I can put together an example doing what you want.

Buddy

Why not use the table row count to determine the last row and add 1 to it, then save the new data.

Of course we'll need to know whether the counts are going to stay zero based or move to 1 based. What I'm doing is using the current list stuff in one sub as it's proven, but developing the same functionality in another sub using tables, so that when they're stable and established I can just switch over. It's also allowing me to test the table functionality.

I have to say that it's a lot less code and easier to use. My one difficulty is that the delimiter is set in preferences - I'd love to do it in code in the same manner as lists, because I have data that contains commas in it, so I'm using a combination of CSV to create the initial data, then switching to semi colon as the delimiter when I have data that contains commas.

Oh the joys of coding! To be honest I do have 30+ years of professional coding behind me (started with fortran 4 and cobol in the 70's) so it can be a challenge to get UBot to do what I want it to.

It's a fantastic product that solves a problem I just did not have time to crack (managing and scraping web content) I just wish I could tie it into my .Net code.

Tables take it forward a big step by allowing us to manage data (and that's really what it's all about) more easily. I'm sure Seth and the team have some great ideas and plans and I look forward to future expansions to UBot :)

The image is missing on my screen..

Click the "Attached Image" link..

This is classic Array processing so it is VERY possible. It is just a matter of using your indexed variables and incrementing them when you need to.

I think you have some time right now since there is still a minor problem with the Table processing. No sense in building a bot with this if the function is not 100%.

I will see if I can put together an example doing what you want.

Buddy

Yes there are still problem in table. I tried to save as table couple of times and opens it. The structures messed up.

Why not use the table row count to determine the last row and add 1 to it, then save the new data.

I will try this..

I dont have a programming experience so Im experiencing hard time on some part of this. But ubot made everything simplier.. :)

and even though I'm and old hand at coding and an old fart in general, I just can't figure out how to get my avatar to show :blink: LOL

Ask alcr about this and upgrade your account to "Ubot Customer" so you can attach more files. :)

and even though I'm and old hand at coding and an old fart in general, I just can't figure out how to get my avatar to show :blink: LOL

Hehe well this is some bug with the forum. I've asked the other guys to create a ticket at IP board numerous times about it, but nothing seems to happen :D

But yeah, send me a PM with your recepit and I'll upgrade you to the right group.

Btw, If you guys have missed it, theres a new table tutorial http://vimeo.com/12994766