UBot Underground

Hi Everyone,

I made the switch to a Mac last night and while I could use my old Windows laptop or VMware for uBot I’ve been thinking about getting a Windows VPS to run uBot on.

I have bots that I would like to have running 24/7 and other bots that I would like schedule to autorun so I figured a VPS would be a good solution.

I did a search of the forums but couldn’t find anything relevant. Does anyone have any experience running and developing uBots on a Windows VPS. Are there any ‘gotchas’ I need to be aware of?

BTW, I’ve had uBot for about a month now and am absolutely loving it. Congratulations to the team on producing such an amazing piece of software. It has more than paid for itself already.

Cheers:)

Recommend you build a simple bot and ask someone with a Windows VPS to run it for you as not all windows programs will run on a Windows VPS... if you are not familiar with a windows Vps it one hell of a lot more complicated to set up than a Linx... so tread carefully... until you know ubot will run on a windows VPS..

Does anyone have any experience with this yet? anyone running ubot on a windows vps?

Here's the obvious question.

Why did you switch to Mac if you want to run Windows apps?

I agree with TommyTX, get someone help in this. I will say that OS emulators have limits. IBM's OS/2 never did master Windows and with each improvement to the Windows environment that would just push the emulators to an even more difficult level.

Buddy

Thanks for the responses guys.

There are a few different reasons why I switched to a Mac. uBot is the only application I use that I don’t have a Mac alternative for but even if I had stayed with Windows I would have wanted to try running at least the compiled bots on a VPS anyway so that I could run them 24/7 without it consuming my main machine or needing to manage additional hardware.

Basic VPS plans are only around $50 so I’m just going to get one and give it a shot.