C

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I AM DOING SO FAR. BY clicking the plus or minus sign at the end of the posts

So lets recap   The Ubot System of operation known as USMEAC.   U: Utility - the Site or platforms over which the operation is to happen (may be considered to be part of the Situation heading)   S: Si

Alright here's the first beta of the finished product: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=c40382eff7f1c9abeebbcf02d3a5d424   Pretty much you type in City, State and it gets to it. .CSVs are output

U

S

M

E

Administration/Logistics (Service Support)

• A. Administration-asking for support in the forum

• B. Logistics - coming back to the forum and asking questions, looking over others bots going through the tutorials
  • examining scripts

C

• Like 1

U

S

M

E

A

Command/Signal

• A. Signal
    1. Primary
    2. Secondary

[*]B. Command

1. Location of Key Leaders- you already have a few. the persons that have created the training videos and active members in the forum answering question and giving solutions.
    2. Developers - find the developer on the forum and follow them, read over the post, look at how they assist in helping with problems

Since it was mention, break down the script into sub (small teams), it is important that you know and understand the order in its entirety so as to be aware of which parts of the order apply directly to them and the subordinate subs and loops.

• Like 1

So lets recap

The Ubot System of operation known as USMEAC.

U: Utility - the Site or platforms over which the operation is to happen (may be considered to be part of the Situation heading)

S: Situation

M: Mission - a simple mission, normally delivered in a single sentence which is then repeated

E: Execution - Details of how the Bot is to be carried out, including:

* Commander's intent - what Ubot is to do

* Scheme of maneuver - how Ubot is to do it

* Main Effort (optional) - where it is to be done

* Mission statements for any subs-and or loops

* Timings

* Actions upon certain circumstances

* A summary of the execution plan

A: Administration and logistics

• Start with Franks site UbotJunkie.com
  • Arron Nimocks Site Ubottutorials.com
  • Seth Turin Ubothelp.com
  • Ubotstudio.com/tutorials
  • follow the leaders in the forum
    if anyone know of downloads and vid's that members have done can you list them here in one place where the information can be compiled and put in order...or just pm me with the links and downloads

C: Command and signal

another thing if you appreciate what i am doing. in the bottom right hand corner is a plus and minus icon. just choose one to either increase my reputation or the minus to decrease it. by this I know if I am on the right track or not so I can make adjustments

• Like 2

So before we can get into writing our codes for ubot we need to get a basic understanding.

So my first choose for the tutorial is to watch frank over at ubotjunkie. now just don't watch, as he explain the process stop the vid and go and complete the tasks at hand. it does not matter if you mess up. I did. but once you go though the process and follow frank you will begin to understand the basics flow of things.

then i went to Newb here with Ubot in the forum and downloaded hte videos that elteejay posted.

goto =learning the right way to create a bot

= A tip to avoid th duplicate word error on register pages

= source code link at ubot tutorials

load from csv

load from text file

Arron Has a lot of source codes and tutorial for view and download

just to let you know. I have watch alot of tutorial. but it started to click for me is when i said that i was going to plan out a course of action that can help me grasp the information better and then move on to practice with the other contributors tutorials. Every one is at a different level of understanding. so this is the process that worked for me.

Then as i continue to move forward. I gained an appreciation for the people that took time out to explain processes and features of the system. They time is money and money is time.

thanks

Arron

seth

frank

elteejay

these are expert coders and great teachers to make sure that we gain the basic knowledge of Ubot

forgive me if I missed anyone.

And also to the developers that constantly helping in the forum leaving scripts, videos, images, and files

now you will get the basic understand from the videos and scripts. try to break them down.

now that you got the basics.........

goto Seth videos at ubothelp

goto ubotstudios/tutorial and work along side with what is going on. and save the files in a folder

then.... we head over to Arron ubottutorials and follow and work along side him.

the reason that i was getting frustrated was that i was watching and not doing

my mind was moving so fast about the tools that i can create I wanted the information now

I bugged everybody for a while..... and you know what........nothing.... they told me what to do

but i was not listening.

You need to take a step towards them by following what they stated

and they will be right here to help and assist if you run into problems but you must try.

Now I am going back to my studying of using ubot with the tutorials thats been posted up

the case study I will put off for a couple of days until i receive some feedback from members and guests

or until I acquire the tools thats been layed out before me to do it the right way.

before i do anything else. I am going to do a refresher on the tutorial that are up for our learning

so today I started with seth turin form fill in ubotstudios tutorials

just finished Seth Turin-Going over the basic concepts of Ubot Studio

node

scripts

flow

learning how to get nodes and scripts into the script box

learning the different ways on how to put the script into the windows

learning how to use the tool box on typing to get the command on how to get the commands into the script window

you can click and drag a link in to the script windows.

he talks about parameter, witch is a certain kind of node that explains some thing to another node on how to do it's job

we learn that they are different kind of parameters strings,constant,variables, lists etc

list is a collection of pieces of data

I'm not going to tell you all you need to watch the videos ;)

I watched this twice

the reason why I am doing this is because I PM the people that gave their time to put up the videos and asked

for more instructions,

asked them to explain it slower,

can they break it down a little bit more

in other words really becoming a pain.

without even trying first on my own to understand it through the training that is already provided

if you go through the basics,

follow or do the training along side the instructors

you will begin to get an understanding of ubot

an understanding of how to create your army

do not make the mistakes that I have and possibly get yourself black listed and or engorged

go through the training, mix and match to your level of understanding

if you have a problem with some think in ubot post a question in the forum

thats what was told to me back in January by alcr.

or pm the instructor of that lesson if you hit a road block

BUT THE BEST BET IS TO POST IN THE FORUM MORE PEOPLE WITH LOOK AT IT

YOU GET A BETTER RESPONSE RATE OF RETURN

the problem was that i did not try hard enough.

and I might have pissed some people of.

Their time is just important as yours and since I'm the one that in need

I need to be humble and coach-able and watch the way how i ask for help. FYI :(

training completed

1. Basic Concepts-Seth Turin
  2. Simple Forms-Seth Turin
  3. Choose/Chosen System-Seth Turin
  4. Variables,Constants,UI-Seth Turin
  5. Flow Commands-Alex

So besides the other training that i stated in the previous post, I am getting a better understanding of ubot. the first reason is that I am slowing down. I was in such a rush to move to the bots. I am forcing myself to slow down and grasp what is being said. That Old Saying goes when you are ready the teacher will appear.

Like I said, now i am beginning to value the posts and the training that is up their and the Ubot. And the trainers that have taken time out to teach the basics.

with the tutorials I have two screens, one to watch and the other to follow along.

we need to go over the training before we build our USMEAC plan.

with getting by understanding the software you understand your capabilities and the tools.

Or your team witch is the function of ubot.

so much is going into pre planning and training. the reason is that if you are building out your own bot

you can pick out the functions that you need and match them to what you are trying to do.

always keeping the goal in mind.

A good method of learning

1. watch 7 times the one tutorial
  2. follow along (open up your ubot and practice what they are doing at the same time) 7 times.... if you mess up delete and try again
  3. write down the tutorial and commit the training to memory and create the training from memory that way you have instilled that training inside of you.

but if you are press for time......

do the first 2. and try and build your bot

So we

1. watch
  2. watch and do at the same time
  3. do from memory

this reminds me of having flashcards

I've watch the videos a hundred time you might say

well I did to.......

but with out a structured plan, a goal in mind, your going around in a (loop) of no where

Get it

(Loop).....yea yea that's an inside joke if you watch the videos

woops their goes another one (inside)

• Like 1

Now with the first ten videos in the training section of UbotStudio and Franks,Arron and the others that i mention in the above posts

I now Know that I can build a bot to navigate to the target in mind. fill in a section and press the click button.

the page rank might be a little bit different as ubot is constantly evolving. So we have to submit a ticket you receive help and post in the forum to

see if we can get some advanced members assistance.

so with franks advice we are going to write out what we want ubot to do based on the training that we received so fare....

frank used notpad in windows. I am going to use pen and paper so it will slow my mind down a little bit so i can see what i am doing

also writing down the functions and strings that is needed to get to where i want to go.

We realy don't have to do it this way... just watching the videos in ubot studio gives a great example.

but for my understanding to map out the process and the flow of things I will.

YP sample.ubot

ok this is what i came up with

I have to navigate to the site

type in the search string to get what i want

and click button to get to the list

so by watching the tutorials that are up in the web this is what i learn so fare

but already I have ran into a problem...

the search string does not click through

so got to find away to come up with a solution

ok so i ran into a problem.... first I am going to go back trough the videos just in case some thing that i missed

if not then goto the support forum and the request a tutorial section of the forum

here are the support rules

When you run into trouble, please try to ask your question here first. This allows other people with the same issue to see the answers, and allows more than one point of view for how to solve problems. If your question just doesn't get answered after a couple days, feel free to contact me directly at ubotdev@gmail.com. If you do email me, please include the url to the forum post the problem relates to, along with your license information. I will try to check the forums as much as possible, but I can't promise always being around, as I am very busy.

1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct forum. We have separate forums for bug reporting and feature suggestion.

2. In your post please include the following:

a) You operating system

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif your version of internet explorer

c) current version of ubot

d) if there are no trade secrets in your script, please attach the script.

e) if there are trade secrets, you can email it to me privately at ubotdev@gmail.com

f) please include a screenshot of the script in the area that the problem is occuring in.

I made the mistake of PMing the staff and developers without reading the posts and rules first.

YP sample_fixed.ubot

it took less that 3 hours to get a response from the support forum.

so even though I am doing this case study. I will be hiring more advance programmer to help put together bots for what I am doing

the brit responded to the request for help. so i will be looking at all of his post to learn as much as I can about the leave of skills as a programmer. I must say that it is very impressive.

so here is the link to my solved problem

Just to let you know I'm reading but don't have time to contribute. You're not talking to walls here and keep up the good work. I'll jump in tomorrow morning when I'm killing time :)

• Like 1

Thank you for that it is really appreciated

I can see that feed back is important for the contributors not just the negative but the positive as well.

By doing this I can see the positive and negative impact that it have on the person that really intends to help the reader.

So once in a while it is great to say thanks for the good work for teaching me this far. But I still don’t get it. Instead of saying we need this, we need that.

I’m not saying we don’t need more instructions because we do. But if we try first to follow the rules of the game that is set out before us first……….I believe that the results will create a warm feeling inside of achievement instead of despair.

I understand more now that a simple thing of appreciation will encourage a person. To do, to assist, and to care.

Lets face it. We are all here to build tools to leverage our time, and or make money. We have crazy ideas that someone properly haven’t thought of…or in some cases have.

So we understand that time is important to us.

So if we look at ourselves and ask the reason why we are using this tool and the benefits that it presents. Then look at the person(s) that is giving up their time to assist us in our endeavors’ to help us achieve them, and ask what are they getting out of it.

Most of them are programmers, internet marketers, entrepreneur’s etc. They see what you and I see.

Enough said thanks for the space, taking the time out to read the post. And if you teachers are out there. Aaron, Lilly, Seth, Frank, etc. and the contributors………………….Thanks for the work you did so far.

Very interesting topic to read and learn. I've also checked out the skeleton output and it looks similar to what I've already put in place for one of my bots.

I'm having difficulties in setting up a proper looping and data output/saving in each loop. I've spent some good hours re-viewing the video tutorials, I checked other bot sources for similar looping patterns but I still can't get it to work.

I know the workflow mapping is defining itself gradually, but looping is one of the most important steps to work on.

Here's my bot structure:

Run sub -> Initialize

Run sub -> Get Login

Loop:

-> Run sub navigate/login

-> Run sub Navigate page

-> Run sub Collect/Scrape

-> Run sub Cleaning/Proxy

sub -> Initialize

sub -> Get Login (also contains ui element to load the login data txt file)

sub -> Navigate/Login

sub -> Navigate Page

sub -> Collect/Scrape

sub -> Cleaning/Proxy

What am I doing wrong? Should I include the loop itself in a sub? How would the looping be structured for more than 3 users/passes? Right now, the loop accesses the txt file with the login details, data imput in the username and password boxes is correct but loops indefinitely between the usernames/passwords.

Can you describe your looping pattern for the example I provided? How would you structure it? What structure would you use inside the loop for saving all the collected/scraped content to a file?

Thanks in advance for providing great and useful tutorials, free bot sources and other useful resources.

2. In your post please include the following:

a) You operating system your version of internet explorer

c) current version of ubot

d) if there are no trade secrets in your script, please attach the script.

Also post to the support part of the forum.

you will see one of my posts

remember to upload your bot as an attachment to both posts :ph34r:

and we will see if some of the advance members and moderators will contribute to this some what of a crazy idea read and learn post......

some have already contributed and in the other sections answering questions and solving problems.

lets see what happens....