UBot Underground

Most Common Reasons For Bots Not Working..

Hi,

I have been selling a few bots lately and I have a support desk setup for my customers.

There are some easy to solve tickets and then there's some not so easy ones.

The ones that have me baffled are the ones that are based on problems that are not in the bot and don't appear to be user error either. In this case that only leaves on explanation which would be problems with their system.

Right now all of my bots handle clicking activation links for accounts created via gmail. Now I have not had any trouble at all with the bots working properly and neither have the majority of my customers.

But there is a few people who have submitted ticket saying that the bots just wont work for confirming accounts.

Does anyone have a list of the most common reason for bots to not work properly as far as problems with a persons computer.

I would really appreciate it as the it would really help me when trouble shooting.

Thanks...

IE 7 or IE 8 issues.

I have compiled on my system with IE 8 and I took the EXE to a computer running IE8 and it does not work. It dies a horrible death. I check the MS and Framework patches and ALL patches have been installed. In fact, nothing to install "Computer is up-to-date" and that is true for both computers.

So seeing what others are experiencing is what I am waiting on.

Buddy

IE 7 vs IE 8, speed of the computer (running a bot for 14 hours in a row would slow down slow computers, and bringing up a browse window would slow down a lot for the slower computers, ergo, it will probably fail) and slow speed of the internetz is probably the three biggest ones.

Also, upgrades (xp->vista or vista->w7) is a rather bad mojo. I've had some serious problems with customers that have upgraded versions of windows installed.