UBot Underground

Foreign Language characters

I was building a bot and the site that I am working with has foreign language characters. I was going along fine, I then saved my bot and came back to it today and it would not work. After further checking I noticed that the characters had changed to all "????????????". Is this normal? Does this mean I cannot generate bots for these kinds of sites?

Buddy

I've had this same problem as well. For example, bookmarking on a foreign pligg site. You need to make sure what you are pulling up (title, description) is UTF8 encoded. You can change encoding with Notepad++. So if your doc is ANSI, then change it to UTF-8 and the characters will pull up correctly.

This is the other way around too - if you're saving to csv or txt, make sure you open it up UTF8 encoded

When I use "choose by attribute" on some text that happens to be in another language. Using innertext it does not save that text. It changes the foreign language characters to question marks.

Buddy

Hi,

I had a similar problem with a bot that I was working on recently. The problem is that ubot will recognize the text at first but then when you refresh the bot or save it, it doesn't remember it anymore.

The way I worked around this was to copy and paste the value or the inner text into one of my blogs. Here's an example http://26inchrims.org/scrape/

When the bot starts it goes to the page and scrapes the values and then sets them as variables. Then you can choose by attribute and use the variable as the value that you are choosing.

It worked for the bot that I was making..

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...