UBot Underground

Anyone getting Norton reporting a virus on compiled bots?

Does anyone here use Norton Anti-virus? I have a customer who is getting a trojan report when trying to run a compiled bot I have supplied.

When they run the bot they get the ubot window come up but it doesn't load any tabs (screenshot below).

They try to click the play button anyway and get this warning from Norton:

Auto-Protect has detected Trojan Horse

Blocked: ........\application data\xenocode\sandbox\compiledbot\1.0.0.0.\2010.06.14t20.36\native\stubexe\@programfiles@\common~1\micros~1\dw\dw20.exe

I have run the bot through Virustotal and only Sophos gives a possible warning (but 42 other systems report as clear so I didn't read anything into that).

If someone here has Norton and is prepared to try the bot for me I'll send you a download link (it's a 5mb download). I am sure this is a false-positive as I've run it through three different Anti-virus programs locally too (Eset, AVG and Panda).

Screenshot from customer:

post-732-12766884613528_thumb.jpg

Andy

Can you add exceptions to folders in norton? If that's the case, just add an exception for the whole compiled bot folder.

Norton sucks though - I guess thats why most developers and advanced users avoids it at all times!

Can you add exceptions to folders in norton? If that's the case, just add an exception for the whole compiled bot folder.

Norton sucks though - I guess thats why most developers and advanced users avoids it at all times!

Yeah, sadly customers use it. I remember when Norton was the best Anti-virus out there, but that was a long time ago. Now it's as bloated as Mcaffee.

The problem is that customers are afraid of trusting that its OK. I'll see if I can convince him to set an exception.

Andy

thing is it used to not show up as virus before new compile system with the hidden files that unpack

I now have another customer who gets the blank ubot screen (but no anti-virus in the way). Am waiting to find out what version of Windows, etc. But there could be a wider issue here :-(

thing is it used to not show up as virus before new compile system with the hidden files that unpack

Yeah, though, it showed up on 40 other antivirus scanners before fixing the compile system, haha.

We would need a solution to this though. Hmm.

Yeah, though, it showed up on 40 other antivirus scanners before fixing the compile system, haha.

We would need a solution to this though. Hmm.

True but still annoying to the point of not being able to run compiled bots.

Norton reporting as a Trojan ... a huge disadvantage if sharing or selling compiled bots.

After using Nortons for the last year this will be my last once subscription runs out.

Great software but hopefully a solution soon!