UBot Underground

With regards to the Javascript issue

Here is a UBot for those of you that might be wondering what we are chattering about.

If a site that you want to scrape/process does not have any Javascript on the page then UBot will not execute any Javascript code that you have.

Here is a simple Bot that test to see if your site is Javascript ready. Just Compile it and you can run it anytime.

To test it just load up www.google.com and run the UBot. You should see an Alert message which is produced using Javascript.

Then load www.blank.org and run the UBot again. No alert and the message field will change telling you "NO"

I'm a lazy guy so I made this as a quick check.

Buddy

Javascript Test.ubot

• Like 1

If a site that you want to scrape/process does not have any Javascript on the page then UBot will not execute any Javascript code that you have.

Worse than that... it won't process any $eval (even {1}+{2})!

Thanks for the share Buddy - a useful test for those who don't know what to look for in html code.

Andy

Worse than that... it won't process any $eval (even {1}+{2})!

Thanks for the share Buddy - a useful test for those who don't know what to look for in html code.

Andy

Hey Andy. I know how to check source code, etc, but know very little about javascript. Is there a simple line of code to look for or does it vary? Thanks,

John

You are looking for a couple of HTML tags.

<script type="text/javascript">

// various script here

</script>

But just use Buddy's test bot if you want to know if a page has javascript or not. This may not be necessary for long since in another thread on here Seth has mentioned a possible solution that he might put in. I hope he does since at the moment if you are manipulating data on a page that doesn't have javascript and you need to do some basic maths you have to navigate away to a page that does, do your evaluation and then navigate back!

Andy