UBot Underground

Unable to $Page Scrape in Gmail

Hi everyone,

I've made quite a few bots over the past few months, but never had to scrape text until now.

For this bot, i need to scrape default passwords in gmail. For whatever reason, every single time I do a $page scrape, I get an ubot error that it can't set the variable. I have even tested this by picking something stupid in the email, like the word "the", and I still get that error.

But, when I use the same format outside of gmail, it works fine. For instance, just to test the scraping, I did a bot to scrape a couple of words in the middle of a wikipedia article, and it seemed to work fine.

I could post the gmail bot, but i'm not sure if that would be helpful as it depends on the text of the email. I am attaching the ultra-short wikipedia bot that I did using the same format.

Does any have any thoughts?

Thanks so very much,

Tom

test.ubot

Very odd, but the scraping works when I access gmail at http://m.gmail.com. The scraping of the password works fine there. Unfortunately for the emails in question, the hyperlinks in the email aren't coming through at m.gmail.com (which I need also).

Hi everyone,

I've made quite a few bots over the past few months, but never had to scrape text until now.

For this bot, i need to scrape default passwords in gmail. For whatever reason, every single time I do a $page scrape, I get an ubot error that it can't set the variable. I have even tested this by picking something stupid in the email, like the word "the", and I still get that error.

But, when I use the same format outside of gmail, it works fine. For instance, just to test the scraping, I did a bot to scrape a couple of words in the middle of a wikipedia article, and it seemed to work fine.

I could post the gmail bot, but i'm not sure if that would be helpful as it depends on the text of the email. I am attaching the ultra-short wikipedia bot that I did using the same format.

Does any have any thoughts?

Thanks so very much,

Tom

Does scrape chosen attribute work in gmail?

Sometimes ;-) If I choose inner/outertext as the attribute, it works fine. But, if I chose inner/outerhtml, it doesn't work.

Tom