UBot Underground

Data sources and insertion?

I've got my money in hand to buy Ubot, just need to know a couple of things.

How do I get text data into Ubot so I can then use it as a blog post or a bookmark description? Here's a basic scenario - I've spun out an article with The Best Spinner twenty five times and I've got a folder of 25 text documents of around 400 words each. I've got 25 wordpress blogs that I to post to. Blog #1 would get doc #1, Blog #2 would get doc #2, etc.

Can Ubot access data from a folder of text files sequentially? Can Ubot access data from an Excel or .csv file? What is the preferred method of inputting data? Is there a tutorial or video demo of this in action?

I would cry if I knew that Ubot could spin already formatted text with brackets and pipes into a cache somewhere and then be able to post it. That's just asking too much, right? ;-)

Well you would have to either make a list of the filepaths to each file in a txt. Or if the files are named doc1.txt, doc2.txt, doc3.txt you could just write the filepath and tell it to search for docX.txt where x is being increased for each loop.

I'm not sure on what you mean with the first question here - but UBot supports csv's and txt's. There are alot of videos www.ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx , www.ubottutorials.com and FrankB's site (which I can't remember the URL to, sorry Frank!)

Bracket and pipes? UBot sure can spin text! $spin {dog|cat|wolf} :)

I'm not sure on what you mean with the first question here - but UBot supports csv's and txt's. There are alot of videos www.ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx , www.ubottutorials.com and FrankB's site (which I can't remember the URL to, sorry Frank!)

What is the preferred method of getting text/data INTO Ubot? Store it within a .csv file? (like Imacros does) Let's say I want to make a bot that posts a bookmark. I need to feed my bot Title, URL, description, keyword data. How do I enter it and where is it stored?

Bracket and pipes? UBot sure can spin text! $spin {dog|cat|wolf} :)

Does $spin work for entire blocks of text or does it work for only each bracket group? Can I just insert (1) $spin in front of a 600 word formatted article?

What is the preferred method of getting text/data INTO Ubot? Store it within a .csv file? (like Imacros does) Let's say I want to make a bot that posts a bookmark. I need to feed my bot Title, URL, description, keyword data. How do I enter it and where is it stored?

Does $spin work for entire blocks of text or does it work for only each bracket group? Can I just insert (1) $spin in front of a 600 word formatted article?

You can store it in csv or plain text which ever is more suited to the particular task. It is also possible with the shell command to grab a directory listing (use dir with the /b switch to get a bare format listing) of a chosen folder, you can then read that list of file names into a ubot list and process it that way (I do this in a bot I wrote for blogging).

Spin works for blocks of text.

Andy