UBot Underground

Neat little trick for drop down menus

Ok, so as some of you are starting to realize, the more I learn about uBot the more excited I get. Today i found what has to be the simplest solution to a drop down menu i could have imagined. So I wanted to share this.

Some drop down menus have some unique features that will make it very easy to choose from. The first feature you might come across is a menu that fills itself as you type the letters of the options available. I will use "month" as an example:

In a menu with the 12 months as options, there will be 3 possibilities for how this menu works:

1) You type the first letter of your choice and it scrolls through ALL options beginning with that letter. For example you type "J" and January appears in the menu. You type "J" again and June appears, etc, etc.

In this case, Let's say I want the menu to be filled with "July", Here's how I will script it:

Choose the menu by attribute as you would normally do, but instead of changing the chosen attribute you will use "send keys field chosen" and type in 3 consecutive j's (i.e. "jjj"). The first j will be January, the second will be June and the third will be July.

You can see why, in this scenario, it WOULDN'T work to type in "July" (because there are no options that begin with the letters u, l or y in that menu)

2) You can type all the letters of the options. In this scenario, You type J and january appears. You type u and june appears, etc, etc. In this case you would use the exact same method as in #1 except you would replace "jjj" with "jul"

3)Nothing happens when you type something into the menu field. In this case I would just let it choose a random child, because I am still new and have NO idea how to effectively handle that yet! :-)

I hope this helps somebody. See the image below for how I scripted this to choose "United States" from a huge list of countries.

http://www.rssbot2.com/dropdown.png

• Like 2

Thanks guys! I can't believe how much I love this software, and how ADDICTED I've become!http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

• 8 months later...