UBot Underground

selecting button not working

I have created a bot that fills in a form. Initially load page, click the login text link and then complete the form. At the end of the form there is a button to click to login and it will not let me select this button. It simply puts click button with no name and seems to click it many times when ran and doesn't log in, but takes me back to the home page before the script started. I try to change attributes and doesn't work at all. If I try to pull up a change attribute from right clicking on the button, it says you must choose an element first, but it won't let me choose anything and doesn't acknowledge the button on it's own. I can't figure out how to override this and need help.

I have created a bot that fills in a form. Initially load page, click the login text link and then complete the form. At the end of the form there is a button to click to login and it will not let me select this button. It simply puts click button with no name and seems to click it many times when ran and doesn't log in, but takes me back to the home page before the script started. I try to change attributes and doesn't work at all. If I try to pull up a change attribute from right clicking on the button, it says you must choose an element first, but it won't let me choose anything and doesn't acknowledge the button on it's own. I can't figure out how to override this and need help.

Can you either attach your bot or give us a screen shot of the part of the code that attempts to select and click the button and a link to the page and someone here will probably be able to solve it for you.

Andy

Can you either attach your bot or give us a screen shot of the part of the code that attempts to select and click the button and a link to the page and someone here will probably be able to solve it for you.

Andy

I would attach my bot, but I am using my real username and password in this particular bot so I can't. The bot navigates to this login page and fills in the username and password like clockwork, but I cannot get it to select and click the login button at the bottom. http://digg.com/login It will not select it and when you drag it over it just says click button with no name and it does nothing but take you back to the digg home page after looking like it it clicking multiple times.

You could have just edited out your login details and uploaded a script without them in. But in the absense of that I gave this a quick go and it worked.

Select by attribute, click chosen works just fine for the login button.

See attached:digglogin.ubot

Andy

You could have just edited out your login details and uploaded a script without them in. But in the absense of that I gave this a quick go and it worked.

Select by attribute, click chosen works just fine for the login button.

See attached:digglogin.ubot

Andy

Pardon me for being seemingly ignorant, but I cannot find the simple choose by attribute function. All I can find is an option for change chosen attribute which is not the same and I cannot get the exact match portion of the function which seems to make the difference.

Pardon me for being seemingly ignorant, but I cannot find the simple choose by attribute function. All I can find is an option for change chosen attribute which is not the same and I cannot get the exact match portion of the function which seems to make the difference.

This is day 2 for me here... .but I am gonna give it a try for you..

Since you said the fill in works fine the first delete all the shit you got below the last fill in..

Click the node just to make sure it knows where to put the next bunch of stuff..

If you don't understand node.. read item 6 below first... I hunted that sucker for awhile myself.

1. Right click on the Dig login button.

2. Third button down says "Choose by Attribute"

3. Click that one..

4. Make sure value is hilited.

5. Click ok

6. Right click on the node.. (that is the thingy that says "Drag Commands Here" hard to read.

7. First button says "Click Chosen"

8. Click on that one.

9. You are done.

right click on the button in question when your menu pops out its located above the choose by position and below the form commands

Trust me this shit gets simpler as you go... and you get plenty of help...

I am still asking a lot of quesitons... if you have not done so be sure and compile a simple one just to look at he control panel of the compiled program..

It will affect how you write when you see the panel the customer will see....

It will help to see that before you write any complicated programs

Good luck..

... if you have not done so be sure and compile a simple one just to look at he control panel of the compiled program..

It will affect how you write when you see the panel the customer will see....

It will help to see that before you write any complicated programs

Good tip!

Andy

Damn...I have tried all that...when I right click on the button in question and select choose by attribute, I get a pop up that says please select a node first. I did select the node and it ignores that fact and won't let me into the parameters box so I can tell it what to do. When I drag it over, same thing, but it makes a click here button with no name and doesn't acknowledge that there is really a button there.

Ugh...the frustration of trying to set up my first simple bot. BTW...that is what I thought I was doing here. :rolleyes:

Mark an empty node, right click where you want, choose by attribute. Does the 'empty node' message still pop up? :o

strange issue....not even sure what happened. the issue of telling me to select a node simply disappeared. I right clicked today on the botton and the normal popup appeared and I selected said exact match and voila...works. Have no idea why it allowed me to select today and not the other day. Maybe the program needed restarted?