UBot Underground

Is there a way to do this?

Hey guys.

I am currently working on a bot that needs to navigate through a site using dropdowns that cant be clicked but need to be hovered over in order to click a command.

It is actually a dropdown within a dropdown that needs to be clicked. I have no idea how this could be accomplished. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether this is possibly or not? If so how would I go about doing this?

Thanks...

Gary..

I should also note that I have found a workaround, but the problem is that all the sites built on this platform do not have this enabled so the bot wouldn't have a high success rate.

If it's the same that I've seen with js dropdowns, one dropdown being slaved to another, then there will always be a little delay between then that cause havoc on a bot.

What I've done in the past is create a set of commands with the bot while right on the page. First, I'll hover over the parent dropdown and select the entry that I want. Then I'll select the attribs and change it to what I've selected.

Here's the secret - insert a 3-10sec delay (depending on the site) and then do the same to the second.

I've found this to correct 95% of the issues.

If you continue to have bot issues in this area either pop up the pages you stuggle with or send me a pm and I'll look personally.

Frank

I could go that route but the problem is that the bot is being made to work on all sites built on this platform and not a particular site so using the innertext attribute wont work as it would change when the bot hits sites that are in foreign languages which there are many.

I could go that route but the problem is that the bot is being made to work on all sites built on this platform and not a particular site so using the innertext attribute wont work as it would change when the bot hits sites that are in foreign languages which there are many.

Then I'm afraid that you would have to make a sub for each language

Then I'm afraid that you would have to make a sub for each language

It would seem so. I am not worried about it though. It's not worth the trouble. Thanks for the all of the suggestions though.

In the end, this is the best way to go. Even though the script is purchased, the buyer will normally change a few things around - thus making a generic script pretty much impossible.

But what you can do is create your generic script in a subroutine, and use it as a template. Modify it on each form that fails and then create specific subs from the generic. Can save a boat load of time, for sure.

Frank