UBot Underground

Can Anyone Suggest a good Database program to use with UBot?

So far I've checked out about a dozen different ways to store large, searchable, bot-able amounts of data online, so I can use it as both a place for my bots to update my records and a place for my bots to go and get information about my onling projects like sites I'm promoting.

I most liked a software that makes websites built around databases, called DBQwiksite, but it is completely unsupported and I couldn't get it to actually do what it said it can do.

In the cloud there is Zoho Creator, which would be awesome but it has an iFrame I can't get past @ login, and for some reason my bot cannot handle their search feature... They seem very protective against bots there in general.

A simple wordpress plugin called wp-tables-reloaded would be simply perfect for this need, if not for the fact that you must keep your number of entries (rows) under about 50.

There are dozens of really expensive software programs more powerful than DBQwikSite out there that fortune 500 companies use... I saw one for $25,000, and no, that's not for thousands of users!

My point here is that I'm not finding anything good enough to use with these Bots... But Surely I can't be the first botter to think of having his/her bots interface with some kind of data log/base, can I?

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

-Luke

So far I've checked out about a dozen different ways to store large, searchable, bot-able amounts of data online, so I can use it as both a place for my bots to update my records and a place for my bots to go and get information about my onling projects like sites I'm promoting.

I most liked a software that makes websites built around databases, called DBQwiksite, but it is completely unsupported and I couldn't get it to actually do what it said it can do.

In the cloud there is Zoho Creator, which would be awesome but it has an iFrame I can't get past @ login, and for some reason my bot cannot handle their search feature... They seem very protective against bots there in general.

A simple wordpress plugin called wp-tables-reloaded would be simply perfect for this need, if not for the fact that you must keep your number of entries (rows) under about 50.

There are dozens of really expensive software programs more powerful than DBQwikSite out there that fortune 500 companies use... I saw one for $25,000, and no, that's not for thousands of users!

My point here is that I'm not finding anything good enough to use with these Bots... But Surely I can't be the first botter to think of having his/her bots interface with some kind of data log/base, can I?

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

-Luke

I'll date myself here a little ... but in the olden days when php was still not all that popular and was YOUNG - we used microsoft access and Allaire's Cold Fusion CFML language to connect a browser to a database.

Query the db and present data back in the browser... basic stuff. Form submits = sql queries.

Nowdays its all php and mySQL - you just need to be able to code the php and html. Not sure why you'd need a big expensive sql server based app - mySQl has proven to handle just about anything I can imagine you're cooking up.

Form submits = sql queries.

Nowdays its all php and mySQL - you just need to be able to code the php and html. Not sure why you'd need a big expensive sql server based app - mySQl has proven to handle just about anything I can imagine you're cooking up.

Hi Sputnik, thanks for writing.

I've looked at quite a few MySql/PHP solutions and they basically just don't work if you don't shell out the big bucks. -Or they aren't supported, at least. Even Zoho Docs seems to realize this and has adjusted their payment plans to best capitalize on it!

You said it above, "you just need to be able to code the php". -Well if I could I wouldn't be spending all my cash on Visual Scripting Programs like UBot. ;)

At this point I'd be willing to settle for a simple program that lets me use an HTML form (Yes, I can program that, at least) to insert data into a dedicated MySql database table, and then view the table in any way afterwards. I don't care what it is wrapped in, joomla, php-nuke, wordpress, drupal, or nothing at all, just as long as there is a password prompt to keep my data safe.

Of course a bot must be able to access that form and be able to choose the fields, but that should be a given around here. :)

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Sputnik, thanks for writing.

I've looked at quite a few MySql/PHP solutions and they basically just don't work if you don't shell out the big bucks. -Or they aren't supported, at least. Even Zoho Docs seems to realize this and has adjusted their payment plans to best capitalize on it!

You said it above, "you just need to be able to code the php". -Well if I could I wouldn't be spending all my cash on Visual Scripting Programs like UBot. ;)

At this point I'd be willing to settle for a simple program that lets me use an HTML form (Yes, I can program that, at least) to insert data into a dedicated MySql database table, and then view the table in any way afterwards. I don't care what it is wrapped in, joomla, php-nuke, wordpress, drupal, or nothing at all, just as long as there is a password prompt to keep my data safe.

Of course a bot must be able to access that form and be able to choose the fields, but that should be a given around here. :)

Cheers,

Luke

Thats probably a < $50 web app on odesk for a PHP programmer

How many datafields you need to store and how complex is the logic?

.csv files are simple databases as well :-)

Careful,

Odesk is good, but remember that you always, (and I mean always) get what you've paid for!

An alternative is to hunt around for a program that will help you build your php/mysql site in a more automated fashion.

Frank

An alternative is to hunt around for a program that will help you build your php/mysql site in a more automated fashion.

I've spent more than my fair share on programming on Rentacoder over the past 5 years... Perhaps to some of you guys! ;)

I eventually realized that finding a program that can help me automate is far, far better... Because I'll always be tweaking my needs to fit my biz model at the time.

Which is precisely the reason I'm a uBot customer today.

Truth be known, I got tired of fooling with other developers and automated programs, so I made a small compromise. I had dreamweaver mx4 already, so I learnt how to use it to build php/mysql apps with it.

Was quite a profitable venture in the long run, to be sure! Plus I know enough php and mysql to be verrrrrry dangerous!

Frank

Was quite a profitable venture in the long run, to be sure! Plus I know enough php and mysql to be verrrrrry dangerous!

Frank

-Watch out Frank, the NSA is probably listening! :unsure:

I came the other route totally, making my cash in fits and bursts as an affiliate/IM/WAH marketer for years now, but I'm at the point where every single second I work must be for re-occurring profits... I'm done with this short-term clickbank crap... B) Might as well have a J.O.B.!

So I set out recently to stop paying coders & developer companies for what I need and do it fully custom for myself. With uBot and Wordpress together I can really do that, make every node I create keep making me money for life.

So I'll be watching your new blog, absorbing whatever I can about ubot... Hope Seth makes some new docs, too... Very confusing right now but I'm at it non-stop.

Cheers,

Luke

This might be worth checking out http://www.data-asap.com/

I have used it for some standalone quick web databases, you could easily scrape data from the output it gives and equally you could easily fill in the forms it makes with the data. The whole thing can be password protected, etc.

Their support has always been spot on too.

Andy

• Like 1

I have used it for some standalone quick web databases, you could easily scrape data from the output it gives and equally you could easily fill in the forms it makes with the data. The whole thing can be password protected, etc.

Andy

Hey Andy,

Very good suggestion. Looked at the package and it seems pretty inexpensive too! I'd only recommend learning how to generate a good database. If anyone is having issues in this area, I'd be glad to help.

Frank

Andy

Awesome, Andy! Just the kind of thing I'm looking for. For $49 It would seem to be priced pretty well too, so I'll give the trial a run first and let everyone know here later how well it can be botted-around-in then.

Thanks again!

Luke

• 3 weeks later...

I think what you need is a program called phpmaker (5 I think). It creates web based databases that would be completely compatible with uBot.

I think what you need is a program called phpmaker (5 I think). It creates web based databases that would be completely compatible with uBot.

Thanks John.

In the end I went with the free Zoho Creator. It was a little tricky to figure out at first, because they iframed their login and their search function is quirky, but in the end it was the best decision I've made since I purchased uBot.

Zoho gives you three completely secure databases that you can build out pretty much as large as you could ever hope for, all for free... Each DB can have lots of different Views and forms too, but for my botting use I have just made one view that is editable on the same page as it is displayed, and all my bots now go in there and grab variables from those lines.

Right now I've only got a DB full of my blogs, (With about 50 columns of settings each) but I'm about to make one for the profiles of hundreds of made-up people... Each one will store various account credentials to socially bookmark and network services. (Gmail/yahoo account first, then every other web 2.0 service under the sun thereafter.)

Databases like these are so unbelievably useful to uBot I can't imagine why Seth didn't include some kind of DB space assigned to ubot users from the very start. I definitely want to see some kind of facilitated DB feature in the future, such as a different TYPE of variable that pulls directly from our chosen database, without going to log in each time.

...Of course I realize that's down the road a bit. I'm just glad Zoho is offering this for free right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John.

In the end I went with the free Zoho Creator. It was a little tricky to figure out at first, because they iframed their login and their search function is quirky, but in the end it was the best decision I've made since I purchased uBot.

Zoho gives you three completely secure databases that you can build out pretty much as large as you could ever hope for, all for free... Each DB can have lots of different Views and forms too, but for my botting use I have just made one view that is editable on the same page as it is displayed, and all my bots now go in there and grab variables from those lines.

Right now I've only got a DB full of my blogs, (With about 50 columns of settings each) but I'm about to make one for the profiles of hundreds of made-up people... Each one will store various account credentials to socially bookmark and network services. (Gmail/yahoo account first, then every other web 2.0 service under the sun thereafter.)

Databases like these are so unbelievably useful to uBot I can't imagine why Seth didn't include some kind of DB space assigned to ubot users from the very start. I definitely want to see some kind of facilitated DB feature in the future, such as a different TYPE of variable that pulls directly from our chosen database, without going to log in each time.

...Of course I realize that's down the road a bit. I'm just glad Zoho is offering this for free right now.

When you max out their free service offering you may want to consider just running MySQL locally and save some money. You can save the data that you have scraped and import it into a table directly from UBot.

Dave

I think I will throw my two cents in here.

I am an old Access guy but I never use it now. We use Oracle at the University whee I work so all that stuff is taken care of for me.

HOWEVER! I recently became turned on to Ruby-on-Rails. It appears to be very promising from a web business standpoint. Like you I hate to outsource if I can learn it and automate it. So this is the path I have chosen.

Buddy