UBot Underground

[ SOLVED | TinyMCE / IFRAME Javascript? - Need to fill it with a Blog Post

I need to fill this textarea - that has been taken over by tinyMCE with my $spin blog post content.

I have been able to "randomly" and < 40% somehow get text from uBot into the text area box by changing the attribute of this :

<textarea id="form-body" name="form-body" cols="42" rows="20" style="width:100%;height:480px;"></textarea>

http://content.screencast.com/users/sputnikkk13/folders/Jing/media/75be9d7a-7566-4425-a97c-ce3bb7b7a7a6/2010-04-13_0100.png

Here's another screen grab of stuff as well ... I think this is what I need to be manipulating to get my content into this blog reliably. I dont see any toggle on/off of the editor in the mass that is this table/form.

<TD class="mceIframeContainer mceFirst mceLast" class="mceIframeContainer">
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 434px" id=form-body_ifr src='javascript:""' frameBorder=0></IFRAME></TD>

http://content.screencast.com/users/sputnikkk13/folders/Jing/media/27c8892f-7f1b-4a9d-8a59-4a50c6b03e26/2010-04-13_0100.png

How can I get the job done with uBot?

• Like 1

How I Kicked tinyMCE's ASS today!!! and you can too ...

1. tinymce uses javascript as the web page loads to takeover a standard textarea tagset to add its wysiwyg editor tools.

2. Its a javascript code - so we need to use javascript to disable the editor - which removes the IFRAME and pop-up tinyMCE uses to make our lives miserable.

3. I have no idea if this will work at every site, and I have a feeling certain sites will lose the ability to put html code in the text area boxes if tinyMCE is removed - just a hunch - my site doesnt - so Im cool with this solution. If you use this, and you can no longer at rich text or html to the textarea, and you need to - like for backlinks - you'll need to find another workaround.

4. Here's the JavaScript code I found on the tinyMCE developers forum and API documentations, wiki-examples. Where mydiv is the ID of the tinyMCE host html tags. These will be either DIV or TEXTAREA tagset as I understand it.

tinyMCE.execCommand('mceRemoveControl',false,'mydiv');

So I went and read how this POS editor worked cuz it was making me bonkers! Found out there was code to turn it off. Only issue with that is - you need to have the DIV or other html tag that tinyMCE is parasiting into / in / on whatever in order to use the code. So I used the nifty little uBot "Choose By Attribute" to see the details of the [textarea ] [/textarea] tags to see what the ID=??? or name was ... See images

http://content.screencast.com/users/sputnikkk13/folders/Jing/media/cf963450-6265-4331-8055-51849cff4366/2010-04-13_2343.png

Once the tinyMCE editor was disabled and out of the way - I just shoce the textarea attributes like any other element, and then set uBot to change it like a form field.

Voila! tinyMCE's ASS ... officially kicked [ for the time being ]

Hope this helps ya'll

Bot On with Yo Bad Selves,

Sputnik

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...

Gracias for the rep webauto - just noticed ...

Any idea how to get passed the blogspot.com comment text areas such as this one

http://technicalinfodotnet.blogspot.com/2010/03/sophos-stop-spamming-me-and-end-your.html

they are using iframes but just cant figure out what javascript coding i will need

thanks

Try using firefox and look in the code for the ID, and then use that ID in UBot.

Hi ive tried doing that but no joy - I also tried to paste some java script but not sure if im doing it right - heres what i tried with the java

document.body.removeChild(document.getElementById("commentBodyField"));

but still no luck - so i checked it with another id called comment-editor but still no luck

not really sure how i can get this done - Im having similar issues on the article base site

Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. tinymce uses javascript as the web page loads to takeover a standard textarea tagset to add its wysiwyg editor tools.

2. Its a javascript code - so we need to use javascript to disable the editor - which removes the IFRAME and pop-up tinyMCE uses to make our lives miserable.

3. I have no idea if this will work at every site, and I have a feeling certain sites will lose the ability to put html code in the text area boxes if tinyMCE is removed - just a hunch - my site doesnt - so Im cool with this solution. If you use this, and you can no longer at rich text or html to the textarea, and you need to - like for backlinks - you'll need to find another workaround.

4. Here's the JavaScript code I found on the tinyMCE developers forum and API documentations, wiki-examples. Where mydiv is the ID of the tinyMCE host html tags. These will be either DIV or TEXTAREA tagset as I understand it.

So I went and read how this POS editor worked cuz it was making me bonkers! Found out there was code to turn it off. Only issue with that is - you need to have the DIV or other html tag that tinyMCE is parasiting into / in / on whatever in order to use the code. So I used the nifty little uBot "Choose By Attribute" to see the details of the [textarea ] [/textarea] tags to see what the ID=??? or name was ... See images

http://content.screencast.com/users/sputnikkk13/folders/Jing/media/cf963450-6265-4331-8055-51849cff4366/2010-04-13_2343.png

Once the tinyMCE editor was disabled and out of the way - I just shoce the textarea attributes like any other element, and then set uBot to change it like a form field.

Hope this helps ya'll

Sputnik

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the original post. Others may have also found it but you can "toggle" the editor on and off in a similar way using the following javascript:

tinyMCE.execCommand('mceToggleEditor',false,'mceContentBody');

Why do this? Because I found some websites that behave badly if you use the removecontrol. So I just toggle the editor off, paste what I need, toggle the editor back on using the same command and then all is good.

• 1 month later...

Hope this helps ya'll

Sputnik

You sir, Are a scholar and a Gentleman!

Repped!

I had read the part about disabling through javascript, but I thought, Javascript wont be able to access form elements...am an ultra noob who is curious.

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

There is also another way. This method worked for me on one platform but didn't on another one.

But I found another way around. The other platform had this:

href="javascript:Drupal.ckeditorToggle('edit-field-about-me-0-value','Switch to plain text editor','Switch to rich text editor',1);"

Just choose this attribute and click chosen. This clicks that source button for you and you will be able to use the plain editor.

This only works if such a tag is available.

• 8 months later...