UBot Underground

How to defeat this POP Up ?

I still cannot defeat this freakin thing!

Ive tried delays and send keys and click dialogs before during and after etc ... and it just can't click it. Im really struggling hard to put all the piseces together here on what should be a fairly simples tasked bot!!!

register ---> change 7 fields - solve captcha - handle errors - revord successful urls - record failed attempts for a retry later - navigate to next site.

Its just not coming together anywhere .... iMacros cant do IF Then, uBot cant save / append to file and click a stupid diag box in IE8 ...

http://content.screencast.com/users/sputnikkk13/folders/Jing/media/ef0bd7ce-457f-423e-b412-af974deb96cc/2010-04-11_1435.png

no, click dialog button should work. are you sure you put the button text in exactly, with the correct case and all? if its not this, then please send over your bot, as I'm sure there must be something simple that is keeping it from working. or, you can also tell us the offending website, and one of us will make a sample script that demonstrates the correct method of dealing with these popups.

also, ubot can certainly save to files, with the "save to file" command. it's under variables commands.

no, click dialog button should work. are you sure you put the button text in exactly, with the correct case and all? if its not this, then please send over your bot, as I'm sure there must be something simple that is keeping it from working. or, you can also tell us the offending website, and one of us will make a sample script that demonstrates the correct method of dealing with these popups.

also, ubot can certainly save to files, with the "save to file" command. it's under variables commands.

Seth thank you for taking a minute to read this thread. I think sometimes when we stare and try to get something to work for hrs and it keeps failing [ as a newb ] its get frustrating. It seemed at every turn for me on this bot was resulting in - failures.

You are right - uBot does | can store variables to file, and it appears now it will even append those values to the end of a file - during the same bots execution. I need more experiments with this. I had not been using the save to file command with lists variables correctly. Its a list of URLS - if the bot registers successfuly - the url gets added to the success list - if it errors ... the failed list/file - for a retry by user later.

Ok onto this Pop Up dialog box issue.

I will send over a few urls - its on a registration page - and obviously pops on exit of the page if there is an error if incomplete registration.

How to test for a Pop Up like this - existence? IF - popup exists THEN click dialog box

alrighty, I've taken a look at the site in question and I've made a short video to demonstrate how to fix this this.

http://screencast.com/t/YjY2YWY3Y

Seth,

Thank you so very much for taking time to look into my petty problem.

I cant begin to tell you how excited I was initially to see that you'd done a video to prove - I was a total newb and not following instructions - :-)

I was making newb mistakes so I hope my public embarrasment helps others immediately over come this Diag Box Pop Challenge. I had done "almost" all suggested things in the thread and in the posts mentioned in the forum. EXCEPT - in the Nav command - I was WAITING [ Wait / Yes ]. your video told me ... not to wait. awesome.

Even though I had put in the delay command to wait for the pop up - my script was always stuck on the nav command because the pop up combined with the WAIT = Yes, it would never move to the Click Dialog Box command - well NOW IT DOES.

=== Geeky Happy Dance ===

Now I have to over come some navigation logic issues from not waiting for the nav'd to pages to load - but hopefully [Wait Finish} will do its job.

Ohhh side not ... I actually have 2 Nav commands - and even if I got past he 1st pop up - another presented itself. It was so fast without the longer delays 2-3 seconds that I wasnt seeing it. Now I am.

So ... sorry for all the noise on such a simple problem - and thanks for such a freakin awesome bot dev tool to kick its ass!

Seth For President! [ country of choice ]

An elated sputnik