UBot Underground

Scrape data in Ebay.ca

Hi guys!

I need some help!

I am new to ubot development. I am almost done with the project at hand but just one issue though.

In ebay site, there is price and a shipping cost..

For ebay US, it is easy to scrape both data then I could add them and get the final price with shipping cost..

but for ebay.ca, I am having a difficult time since both prices are not enclosed in an outer html tag to retrieve them simultaneously.

they are not group together unlike in ebay.com wherein the price & shipping cost is inside a outer div.

ebay.com

<div><td>price</td><td>shipping cost</td></div>

ebay.ca

<td>prices</td><td>shipping cost</td>

could anyone help on how can I scrape this same time so that I could easily add it.

Hoping for your help UBOT gurus!

Thanks!

Francis

yes I have scraped it using an outer TR tag with wildcards.

Now I have a data of an entire section row..

so the processing of the list begins..

My issue now is I have a text from the scrapped data and I am using the eval function to process a javascript string function, indexOf, to look for a certain character ($). but after the processing, the output is "undefined." I thought the eval function processes javascripts, am I right?

For example:

* set a variable $ebaydata to "Twilight New Moon Saga: Twilight in Forks DVD *TRAILER* Location: USA Feedback: 305 | 99.5%View similar active items | Sell one like this1 BidSoldC $10.14+C $2.8516-Mar 21:22"

* used $eval for the statement "{1}".indexOf("{2}")

* {2} is $str1 variable which is set to $

After running the program and outputting it, the result is undefined. Clearly there is a "$" character in the string. It should have outputted the character position.

Thanks for all your reply sir alcr! I really appreciate it!

Hope you could help me againg with this question.

• 2 weeks later...

I just pulled your variable and ran it in a simple bot and it works 100%. Here's the bot that I created:

Set - #var1 to $

Set - #var2 to 'your string'

set - #temp to $eval - "{1}".indexOf("{2}")

where 1 is var2 and 2 is var1

Frank