UBot Underground

Scraping Ebay

Has anyone done a bot like this and could give me an idea of where to start? Or even better let me see your bot so I can model mine after it??? :D

But really, I was thinking something like scraping the first pic and then the description of the product. I could probably figure out the description part on my own but haven't scraped images yet...we can do that right? or not?

Actually I was wrong. I saw some in position 6 also. But what I attached should work on all pages for eBay on getting the first image and saving it to My Documents.

Thanks Aaron, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm trying to scrape the descriptions of the items but I'm having a problem.

example: cgi.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Florida-SUWANNEE-Large-Paleo-w-COA_W0QQitemZ200435563069QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eaae3fa3d

You'll see that description is not showing up on ubot. Any ideas of how to nab it?

I'm trying to scrape the descriptions of the items but I'm having a problem.

example: cgi.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Florida-SUWANNEE-Large-Paleo-w-COA_W0QQitemZ200435563069QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eaae3fa3d

You'll see that description is not showing up on ubot. Any ideas of how to nab it?

I tried for about 10 minutes when you initially made this thread and got pissed off and quit. I dont know what eBay does but they have something funky going on. Actually I didnt check to see if it was in an iframe. That could be it. When I was right clicking on the description it seems like it wasnt reading it. It was showing div,table,ect tags it was going to HTML like it was looking at the whole page. It was very odd.

Try this. Worked for me.

Thanks web. It did work...for just that link though :( I tried the same type of thing for a bunch of other links and couldn't get any output. I think you're on the right track though.