UBot Underground

How to secure the software?

Hi my question is how can i secure the software i will create with ubot? Like can i put trial period or serial code in order to people use it in full version?

I am planning to buy this on monday...

There are several ways of potentially doing this. You can ask your compiled bot to look for and read a file for a particular value before running or even have it connect to a script on your own server to verify a license.

Somekind of one-off serial code input should be fine. Basically you would check the code somehow and then save a file out - which the bot can pick up next time.

• Like 1

There are several ways of potentially doing this. You can ask your compiled bot to look for and read a file for a particular value before running or even have it connect to a script on your own server to verify a license.

Somekind of one-off serial code input should be fine. Basically you would check the code somehow and then save a file out - which the bot can pick up next time.

Can i do it with the software or i need to code it myself??

Can i do it with the software or i need to code it myself??

You need to do it yourself, right now. But this is on our todo list, alot of people has asked for it.

It isn't really hard to do an easy solution by yourself though. Just put up an .html file on your server for each bot you have sold -- which is accessed by the bot everytime it starts "if search page then do XY". And then just check the logs if other IP's than the guy you sold it too has been accessing the html file.

You can make it even more complicated, but this is probably the 'easiest' solution right now.

• Like 1

Thanks looking forward to it. I will buy the ubot later and hoping to see that in the future updates since i dont have any programming skills only html.. :D

trust me...this is not a reason to delay purchase of ubot...by the time u get the hang of the language and have the bot ready...a solution may be available...and even if it isnt...there are enough helpful people on this board to point u in the right direction...it is not uncommon for someone to discover a simple way of doing something in ubot and making it available for all so...come on and jump in...the water's fine!

trust me...this is not a reason to delay purchase of ubot...by the time u get the hang of the language and have the bot ready...a solution may be available...and even if it isnt...there are enough helpful people on this board to point u in the right direction...it is not uncommon for someone to discover a simple way of doing something in ubot and making it available for all so...come on and jump in...the water's fine!

yeah I Already purchased it yesterday. I am now looking forward learning it from video tutorials.. :)

Should be able to use an EXE wrapper but the ones that are descent usually aren't cheap... or one that I troed doesn't work with windows 7 atm

Or use the javascript trick to hide the browser window...

generate random keys for people in a mysql database...send them the key in a file

have ubot put the key in by reading the file...browse to your form...enter the key...and if no rows are returned from the database you know the key is invalid

select * from keys where key=foo

no rows returned = invalid key

But still doesn't do a whole lot for sharing keys...

Unless your comparing the uses of the key with multiple IPs and just delete the key

• 3 months later...

Ok, this thread gave me a great idea (I think). here's what I did:

I installed a simple membership site requiring registration (also good for list building). The registration page is the "successful payment" redirect from Paypal.

After they register it sends them their login info. When they login they will be taken to a page with an image. The image has specific "alt" tags. The first script of the bot will be the login page. If the login is successful the bot will search for the alt tag, after which it will allow access to the rest of the bot.

I didn't really think the whole thing through, but I am guessing I will have it save the alt tag to a file which the remaining scripts will require to run.

Does this sound like a feasible process? Or can I do something better with the tag once retrieved?

What are your thoughts on this?

By the way, the membership script was free, and it logs activity, IP addresses (you can even limit how many they can log in with, etc)...COMPLETELY customizable! If you want it, you can get it at:

http://www.interlogy.com/products/pmb/download.html

John

OK this topic comes up a lot and I have a fairly decent solution that I am using for myself. My solution combines hardware locking with 'phoning home' and stops the easy recreation of a page and a hosts file fiddle. It also stops the potential for sharing a key.

At the moment it is not in a user-friendly format, I had no intention of releasing it so I didn't make install routines or anything pretty. But maybe it is worth my time to tidy it and package it with a help file or video and sell it.

At the moment it integrates with Clickbank for payment processing and once they pay and download the full version of a bot the first time they run it they go to the registration option (last script on the list) and enter their name, email and clickbank receipt number and it opens up the bot for them. The clickbank part is all fully automated so it creates their licence in a mysql database upon completed payment.

I could potentially make a paypal interface for it too.

If I was to offer such a solution for sale would there be any interest and what sort of price would people be prepared to pay? Obviously if its only got 3 potential customers and they only want to pay $10 for it, it isn't viable.

It requires that you have web hosting with PHP 5.x and MySQL.

Andy

You know guys - time for a blatant plug - cover the baby's ears.

Check out the link on my sig line. It's simple and works very good for creating viral bots. Once you get a purchase, send out a replacement bot without short term licensing code.

I like it because it's simple to use.

Frank

OK this topic comes up a lot and I have a fairly decent solution that I am using for myself. My solution combines hardware locking with 'phoning home' and stops the easy recreation of a page and a hosts file fiddle. It also stops the potential for sharing a key.

At the moment it is not in a user-friendly format, I had no intention of releasing it so I didn't make install routines or anything pretty. But maybe it is worth my time to tidy it and package it with a help file or video and sell it.

At the moment it integrates with Clickbank for payment processing and once they pay and download the full version of a bot the first time they run it they go to the registration option (last script on the list) and enter their name, email and clickbank receipt number and it opens up the bot for them. The clickbank part is all fully automated so it creates their licence in a mysql database upon completed payment.

I could potentially make a paypal interface for it too.

If I was to offer such a solution for sale would there be any interest and what sort of price would people be prepared to pay? Obviously if its only got 3 potential customers and they only want to pay $10 for it, it isn't viable.

It requires that you have web hosting with PHP 5.x and MySQL.

Andy

I am 90% sure that I will be making this available soon (next 7 days soon)! I have a paypal interface sorted so it can automatically deliver licences using Paypal or Clickbank or you can take payment other ways and simply manually issue licences.

Once a licence is activated it is locked to the PC it was activated on but allows users to move it one time per month (this can easily be changed to once every 2 months, basically x times in x timeframe). Once a licence is transferred it stops working on the original machine.

You can revoke licences if you need to. Ideal if you want to let someone try a fully functional copy of your bot for a few days (to revoke you just remove a database entry using php myadmin).

This solution prevents key sharing and has things in place to stop simple hosts file or personal web server tricks.

I am not saying a real die-hard hacker couldn't break it but its pretty damn hard and in the documentation for it I am going to outline some extra measures that will really nobble those expert hackers.

It does not do time limited trial copies, nor do I have plans to build that in. If you want that then Frank has a package available that will do that. You can as I mentioned above manually issue and revoke a licence but this is not a solution to make your product shareware/trialware. I suggest if you want to offer a trial version you just code up a restricted version of your bot with loads of nag screens in it and let people download that as a demo.

I am undecided about pricing. So give me an honest answer guys - what is this worth to you? Give me a dollar amount.

Obviously there are considerations that eventually ubot may well have some form of licence system put into it but this has not been hinted as anything too iminent. This is going to be for those who want to put bots out there now and have them protected.

The server end requires php 5.x with mysql. Part of the config does involve editing some php scripts (just config files and instructions will be given) but I will offer a service that includes installation if I do this.

Andy

You can try my protection system for yourself. There is a demo here.

Feel free to contact me with questions. If you want to see the installation instructions so you can see how straight forward it is to set up I am happy to email you the pdf.

Andy