UBot Underground

Building Comprehensive Lists

i thought i was outta of the woods when it came to working with lists after studying the tutorials and experimenting but i have come across a situation that i cant figure out...i want to build a comprehensive list and i never want the info erased...so lets say i run an instance of ubot and scrape a word...add it to list...then close that bot...then the next time i run that bot...it adds to that list again...i already didnt include a clear list command but everytime it runs again it deletes my list and starts it over.

i thought i was outta of the woods when it came to working with lists after studying the tutorials and experimenting but i have come across a situation that i cant figure out...i want to build a comprehensive list and i never want the info erased...so lets say i run an instance of ubot and scrape a word...add it to list...then close that bot...then the next time i run that bot...it adds to that list again...i already didnt include a clear list command but everytime it runs again it deletes my list and starts it over.

I think you could do this - but only by having an external file.

So you would add to list and save to file while running the bot - and then open the file and pull the list out next time the bot was run. Lots of applications have these kind of config files - Ubot itself has them (license.txt which is stored in My Documents/ubot).

i never even saw that newline command...but i figured out a workaround...as suggested above...i import the full list...add it to list with the additional info and then save this new list to file...now i wanna know how to import a list...nav to the list item...if it doesnt meet what ever requirements...delete it from list and then save the revised list (to be honest...i havent really tried to put much effort into the process...have been dealing with other issues)