UBot Underground

Access and update mysql?

<disclaimer>n00b here</disclaimer>

Let's say I have an existing database of businesses with addresses, etc. and I want to nav to a website URI stored in my database row, scrape some content and then update the same database row with the newly scraped content.

Is that possible with uBot?

Thanks!

<disclaimer>n00b here</disclaimer>

Let's say I have an existing database of businesses with addresses, etc. and I want to nav to a website URI stored in my database row, scrape some content and then update the same database row with the newly scraped content.

Is that possible with uBot?

Thanks!

I could see where you had an update form...and you just used nav to get to that form used part of the scraped data to determine what you were updating...and put an updated value in the form as well..so that basically the form was just doing an update statement like

UPDATE foo SET myfield=myvalue WHERE myfield=oldvalue

Just having a textbox in the ofrm for new value and old value...need something for oldvalue so it knows what data you are updating...

I could see where you had an update form...and you just used nav to get to that form used part of the scraped data to determine what you were updating...and put an updated value in the form as well..so that basically the form was just doing an update statement like

UPDATE foo SET myfield=myvalue WHERE myfield=oldvalue

Just having a textbox in the ofrm for new value and old value...need something for oldvalue so it knows what data you are updating...

That's a good idea; I hadn't thought of that. Just add some password protection and good to go. Thanks!