UBot Underground

What are the mimimum requirements

What are the minimum requirements to use ubot? What the minimum requirements to use a complied bot?

The system requirements should be about the same for both ubot and compiled bots.

The most important requirements are:

• .NET Framework 3.5
  • Internet Explorer 7

It should run on any NT-Based Windows that's supported by .NET3.5 and IE7 (XP/Vista/7/server 2003/server 2008)

It's recommended that you have at least 1GB of RAM, as well.

http://www.ubotblog.com/ubot-studio-faqs/#system_requirements

Thanks Jim. Now are these requirements the same for compiled bots? So if someone wanted to use a compiled bot with less than 1gb of ram would it have problems? Also what is the optimal setup to compile bots with. Currently I am running win 7 with ie8. Would I experience compatibility issues with a compiled bot that was compiled on a system using xp with ie7?

I just curious as I am getting close to releasing a bot for sale and want to have an understanding what my requirements will be for purchase.

As far as I know, the requirements should be the same for both the ubot app itself and compiled bots. They use much of the same code :)

There's a chance that IE7 and IE8 could cause compatibility issues. I'm not aware of any major differences as far as ubot is concerned except for issues some people had trying to fill file input fields with IE8. For most tasks, I think you should be fine in both IE7 and IE8. Never hurts to test it, though :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

To run a compiled bot the computer needs to support .net framework 4

Check out this link - In the supported server operating systems it lists which operating systems it supports:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww(v=vs.100).aspx