UBot Underground

Why Use Parameters? Ubot Studio Parameters Tutorial

You rock HelloInsomnia! Thanks for clearing that up, and i have to say, very solid tutorial. Thorough, good pace and well made.  Going to have to sit down and run through your videos, I usually prefer reading tutorials/directions, but that was right on.   

I'm assuming the same flow applies to commands as it does to functions?  I saw in an older video/thread that you need to set parameter values to themselves within a define to get it to work properly -

test("random ", "text")
define test(#param1, #param2) {
    set(#param1,#param1,"Global")
    set(#param2,#param2,"Global")
    wait(2)
    alert("{#param1}{#param2}")
}

Not sure if those Set values are still necessary in the defines or not. If they are, is it because they are local variables (instead of global) or is there some other purpose for them?

Again, great video, and thanks for the clarification.  For anyone new or just not getting something in particular, I highly suggest running through HelloInsomnia's content!  

• Like 1

You rock HelloInsomnia! Thanks for clearing that up, and i have to say, very solid tutorial. Thorough, good pace and well made.  Going to have to sit down and run through your videos, I usually prefer reading tutorials/directions, but that was right on.   

I'm assuming the same flow applies to commands as it does to functions?  I saw in an older video/thread that you need to set parameter values to themselves within a define to get it to work properly -

test("random ", "text")
define test(#param1, #param2) {
    set(#param1,#param1,"Global")
    set(#param2,#param2,"Global")
    wait(2)
    alert("{#param1}{#param2}")
}

Not sure if those Set values are still necessary in the defines or not. If they are, is it because they are local variables (instead of global) or is there some other purpose for them?

Again, great video, and thanks for the clarification.  For anyone new or just not getting something in particular, I highly suggest running through HelloInsomnia's content!  

Works the same way for commands (you just don't return anything in commands)

Setting the parameters to global variables like that is not necessary unless you want to make them global but that wouldn't make sense in 99.99999% of all cases.