UBot Underground

Ubot Not Loading?

As the title indicates, uBot starts to load up, validate the license with the spalsh screen dispalyed, displays a "Loading uBot Studio" message, and the grinds to a halt.

What i've done thus far: Restarted computer, , re-installed, clean re--install, repair install, cleaned Appdata and temp diectories after a deep uninstall, ran the litany of virus/malware scans etc, uninstalled/reinstalled .net framework....  likely a few other things to.  Only concrete thing i can see is, looking at the ubot_log, the same block prints out each time i tried to restart the program:

2016-03-29 23:22:18: Downloading base files
2016-03-29 23:22:18: Initializing ubotbase
2016-03-29 23:22:25: Create Directories
2016-03-29 23:22:25: Verify files
2016-03-29 23:22:25: Downloader
2016-03-29 23:22:25: Update file list
2016-03-29 23:22:26: Check for updates

And that will just cycle if i force the ubot process down and execute it again.  ANY idea where to go from here?  I'm kinda at a loss to be honest lol.

Version 5.9.17
•    Fixed bug in Updater

If that is the version you are currently working with, you may just need to download the latest version directly from ubot (you might need to contact support for that)

If that isn't the issue for you, my second guess would be that your antivirus/firewall recently updated and had started blocking some of your ubot sys files.

Side note: Ever noticed that AV/FW software is actually the most malicious software on the net? - It is constantly breaking peoples software with false positives, yet the user tends to blame the software that was broken rather than the software that broke it in the first place.