UBot Underground

Ui Editor Training?

Does anyone have a tutorial how to build a UI in Dev Edition or a book or something? I'm trying to figure out how to code it and not having much luck.  Additionally a few questions if you would be so kind:

Can I use Font Awesome?

Google Fonts?

Jquery?

Thanks for your help!

I plan on buying one of the popular UI Builders but have to do this one by hand because I'm low on funds until I get this first piece of software completed (should be ready to launch next week, excited!) :-(

Peace,

LJ

I got most of it figured out, I just designed my UI in Dreamweaver and then took that file and put it into Ubot.

I'm still working on it but I had a bit of success this way, there are a few things that I am having trouble figuring out though, for example I'm not sure how to display a variable in the UI. I'm tying to show a list total on the front end.

It's very frustrating because there are no directions on how to use all the commands and have them display in the front end, it would be great if there was some kind of table that had the code explaining how to display content in the front end.

Something is needed because it's hard to figure out how to do even the most basic things in the UI.

Respectfully,

EJ Lear

Basic tutorial:

ui html panel("Fill this in: <input type=\"text\" variable=\"#text\">
<div><input type=\"button\" value=\"Click Here\" onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'Click Here\');\"></div>
<div variable=\"#var\" fillwith=\"innertext\"></div>",100)
define Click Here {
    set(#var,#text,"Global")
    alert("Good job!")
}

One day I'll get around to making some videos on it as well, I have a ton of tutorial ideas to film this month.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

how would you  stop a define command after you click the button to run it... any one know... would like to place a stop button in the UI to stop all the define commands "Globel" in all tabs if possible... Just one button on interface would stop any define command that is running...

??? would I wrap the code in each define with another define to stop the script... <<< lol that did not work hahahaha

how would you  stop a define command after you click the button to run it... any one know... would like to place a stop button in the UI to stop all the define commands "Globel" in all tabs if possible... Just one button on interface would stop any define command that is running...

??? would I wrap the code in each define with another define to stop the script... <<< lol that did not work hahahaha

I wrote a blog post about this here: http://imautobots.com/custom-start-stop-buttons/

Basic tutorial:

ui html panel("Fill this in: <input type=\"text\" variable=\"#text\">
<div><input type=\"button\" value=\"Click Here\" onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'Click Here\');\"></div>
<div variable=\"#var\" fillwith=\"innertext\"></div>",100)
define Click Here {
    set(#var,#text,"Global")
    alert("Good job!")
}

One day I'll get around to making some videos on it as well, I have a ton of tutorial ideas to film this month.

I wrote a blog post about this here: http://imautobots.com/custom-start-stop-buttons/

Awesome,

Was never into the UI editor myself,but I love that ubot.runScript function

Never seen that before :)

I used to have a thread,just looping forever,and executing Eval's to catch a click and then execute a Ubot Function lol,oh that is sooo much better,thanks

A trick I have learn now because sometimes you can lose all your work using the UI Editor....

it acts up once and awhile I lost many hours of work myself till I figure this out....

Create a separate Bot just for your UI Editor for each bot your making.... then after you generate the ui html... edit it and place it in the main bot....

If you do all your editing in your main bot you may lose your work... some times it just goes away when you generate it or it will not load in the UI Editor ...

just create in a different bot two tabs

1st Tab would be your html for the ui editor and

2nd Tab all your Define commands from you main bot...

you do not have to put the code just have to put this

define run {
}

define god {

}

and so on, stacked up in one tab is ok

I have never had a problem since with the UI Editor...

Do all my work for ui panel in a different bot...

and just transfer the html code over to my main bot from the first tab.... ;-)