UBot Underground

Compiling A Setup Installer With Inno

Hello folks :)

I have a question that has been bothering me and just want to get the info from the experts just to clarify,

Ok,

Im not going to use the setup compiler in UBot itself for obvious reasons,

and as the title suggests im going to use INNO,

now, .. I intend to include the support files that UBot downloads,

I have read the wiki page showing where to place the files from the "UBot Studio/Browser/" folder,

and as the image describes to put them into a folder the same name as your bot within the appdata folder which would be "/App Data/Roaming/*BotName*" ...

however while installing a test bot i made, the support files included were installed to "/App Data/Roaming/*BotName*" as directed in the wiki page,

but when i started the bot it still popped up with "downloading support files" and indeed the folder "/App Data/Roaming/UBot Studio/" appeared

so shouldnt the wiki page tell us to put the support files in "/App Data/Roaming/UBot Studio/"

and NOT "/App Data/Roaming/*BotName*" ?

Although i have technically answered my own question here it would be nice for someone to clarify that im not going crazy ...... er lol

Thanks for reading

CJ

• 4 months later...

+1 to this please if anyone has some input. 1.gif

What exactly are the support files? - No one (at least that I can find) ever really says which files specifically.

I got this sorted after chaps, .. 

The support files that your bot needs to run are here (C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser) 

these should be added to the "Files" section of INNO Installer, .. 

make sure that the "Destination Folder" for these files in INNO reads - {userappdata}\UBot Studio\Browser\*Ubot Version*

Cheers

CJ

Thanks CJ .... good to know... ONLY the files in the Browser folder.

Np ;)

Yes, as far as i know anyway, 

Ive tested on a few of my other pc's and none of them download any updates first :)

CJ

I recently did a software launch and usually only have a small number of people complaining that it wont work for them, unfortunately this time there are quite a lot that are having trouble and i'm scrambling to find a solution and hoping this is it. - So thanks again for the clarification man.