UBot Underground

How to speed up your CPU and bots using spare USB flash drives.

i see some improvement after apply the 16GB USB3.0 flash drive for readyboost.

you need to format the driver to NTSF before using, otherwise it will show it can only use 4GB of the space.

previously: after 1 hours of ubot work with a large SSUB v5 html, the pc start to lag 5 sec. every time i drag a common to the node.

now: it do not lag in the same situation.

so i think readyboost really works when windows cache the data on flash drive.

next i will test SSD, i saw some video on youtube about the speed improvement with SSD, i think SSD will make the real different compare to upgrade RAM, CPU etc.

a comment on a forum regarding upgrading cpu vs ram vs sdd (mamica is right)

"Just last weekend I installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SSD in my 2012 i7 MBP and it's a night-and-day performance improvement over the 5400rpm hard drive. my system boots in 17 seconds including typing in the password. some apps launch instantly and others have maybe a 1-2 second delay tops. iPhoto and iTunes are lightning fast now where they used to lag like crazy when scrolling.

I can't recommend the SSD option enough. it's SO worthwhile, IMO."

I use SSD for a while now and I think it was really worth buying (first time I couldn't believe how fast notepad re-opens). The bad thing though is that they die sooner...I've already lost on SSD with all it's data, but at least I got replacement because it was still under warranty.

Else I think UBot is also writing to disk when you use threading, so you could expect improvements there.

Hi ubotdev, what is the brand of your SSD? do you think they have better technology now?

why don't you save your ubot work in dropbox folder? you can always get back your work on another pc if this one dead. Plus you can always restore the previous saved version if you did something wrong and the file failed to open. (actually it can restore from any version that you saved previously)

if ubot can run fast on SSD, how about we install ubot on a USB flash drive (thumb drive), is it possible?

Hi ubotdev, what is the brand of your SSD? do you think they have better technology now?

why don't you save your ubot work in dropbox folder? you can always get back your work on another pc if this one dead. Plus you can always restore the previous saved version if you did something wrong and the file failed to open. (actually it can restore from any version that you saved previously)

if ubot can run fast on SSD, how about we install ubot on a USB flash drive (thumb drive), is it possible?

I was using Corsair Force Series 3. Sure they develop better technology, but SSDs can still die (although they say they are safer because no mechanical parts). Btw, the other one I bought at the same time, "OCZ Vertex 4", still works, but it was a bit more expensive, but it also haves longer warranty.

I am saving...have been using Dropbox for a few years, and it already saved me a lot of time.

Sure it is possible, but it would be faster if you run it from SSD drive.

Sure it is possible, but it would be faster if you run it from SSD drive.

i just tied to install ubot 5 on a USB drive but it won't allow me install on a non local directory. so the only option is to get a SSD.