UBot Underground

Organizing nodes - is it just me?

Maybe this feature exists and I don't know about it but I was thinking it would be great to be able to organize a number of nodes and put them in this sort of forlder

example: All ui monitor nodes could go into the ui monitor dropdown folder 

Instead of this looooooong line of node mess that makes it a headache to find anything

if it does exist, o god, please tell me how, thanks.

This doesn't exist (unless there's something I'm not aware of).  This is what I do:  I insert a comment node and make the comment something like "====UI COMMANDS HERE====" (all caps with some symbol like +, = or - repeated several times) so it stands out and then I put all the ui elements under that.  

I usually use only one node for UI, and that's "ui html panel" but I also find it annoying while HTML makes that node extremely large, so I always minimize it. Back then when I had Standard version I was solving that with "sub" (renamed to "define" in v4) command, as Urban mentioned above.

If you don't like to have to many define commands, you can also use if($true) statement. and put some code inside, so you are able to minimize it. I also use this approach when I want to comment out some code, since I only replace "$true" with "$false" Such dummy if statements are also useful when you want to copy paste part of a code (easier then moving 1 by one).

However, I think this problem goes deeper than the UI part...my opinion is that we should have better overview over "node view code" (we have a good overview in "code view" but coding there can be time consuming).

A few weeks ago I was actually discussing with Eddie about this problem, and the first suggestion that I gave was: to display more than one "node view" side by side, so for example we have main code in 1st node view, and the code that's inside a define command opened in 2nd node view (I think we also mentioned that this would allow UBot to highlight the node that is being currently executed, inside a "define" command - highlighting currently doesn't work inside define).

Additionally I've said that we should also have an option to undock the "node/code view" (+ toolbar and stuff), which would allow us to have code on 1 screen, and the bot that looks just like a compiled version on second screen.

The second suggestion was that UBot "Collapse all nodes" should only re-size long nodes that are in the root of "node view" only (for example this could minimize "ui html panel", "define", "loop",....), which I believe would give us a better overview over the code.

I also think that making the nodes in node view visually smaller would also help us to have a better overview over the code in "node view".

Eddie liked both of the ideas, but I'm not sure any of them was approved so I doubt we'll see them in near future, since I think he has other priorities, but I really hope something gets done on this area.

Still, I think UBot should improve "code view" (we have a better overview over the code there) and make programming in that view less time consuming, by adding an engine like VS's Intellisense and an option that would allow us to interact with browser (currently using commands like scrape, wait for element,.... is not possible in code view). I actually think this could take UBot coding to a whole new level.

Great, collapse all root/1st level nodes was implemented with new update.

Hopefully UBot team also implements something similar to the 1st suggestion. :)