UBot Underground

Is it possible to include wildcard in the match?

Hi guys, I have encountered a problem with a wildcard.

Basically, I wish to match content between an <a></a> tag.

The problem is that I need to add a wildcard when matching the tag.

<h3><a class="name" href="/user/id=31266009&authToken=TRVU&locale=en_US&srchid=4852501813&srchindex=1">Name i want to scrape</a>

eg

(?<=</h3><a class="name" href="WILDCARDGOESHERE">)(.?*)(?=</a>)

Is this possible? I tried inserting [a-zA-Z0-9\t\n .\/<>?;:"'`,!@#$%^&*()\[\]{}_+=|\\-] where WILDCARDGOESHERE exists, however this did not work

Hi Blumi, I appreciate your help,

Not sure if I am implementing it incorrectly but it did not seem to work on my end? Basically, I need to locate the h3 tag, and a tag, but ignore anything in between the href as this differs from link to link, then scrape the content between the A tag

Thanks Anonym, unfortunately in this case scrape attribute is not going to work as it was pulling out attributes that were irrelevant, i used scrape attribute to isolate the code above and need to regex it to refine it further.

The other alternative i thought was to regex replace the entire <a*> tag.and then run another regex but this is probably not the most ideal way to do it

Can you pls show the site so that I can have a look at it?

(if you are "afraid" of showing it in the public, then PM me. By the way, I am one of a few here who doesn't sell bots to small business owners or regular people. I primarily use it to automate my workday)