UBot Underground

Does Ubot not like long sessions of use?

Hello,

Earlier today Ubot completely bugged out on me.

I spent a good part of 3 hours playing around with

a solution to a problem I was facing, and all was going

well until I started seeing errors for things that simply

worked before.

So I saved my bot and closed Ubot down to restart

my computer. When windows resumed and I fired

up Ubot again, the past 3 hours of work simply

disappeared.

if this is a known issue, do you guys have any solutions

to maybe stop this from happening again?

Thanks,

Andy

I use UBot every day and have never had that happen.  Also be sure to save your work often.  I go a bit overboard and save under a new file name more often than is necessary so I have thousands of .ubot files, but if anything happens I can alway check out what changes I have made along the way.

• Like 1

# Wiremarket,

I'm just referring to coding in the studio. Ubot has been on

all day, and what north star said about memory sounds

like the issue.

I have 4 gigs of ram. Maybe I need more. The bot I;m working

on is becoming larger and larger by the day :)

#AutomationNinja

Funny you mention about changing file name. Just after it

crashed and rebooted, I started doing just that. 

Thanks,

Andy

Well I have 16GB of ram, i7 processor and Ubot still runs like a turtle on my machine, worse than any software on my entire system so not entirely sure if it is a problem of not having enough ram

Well I have 16GB of ram, i7 processor and Ubot still runs like a turtle on my machine, worse than any software on my entire system so not entirely sure if it is a problem of not having enough ram

we are talking about Bot crash in here man :D, and not the speed, if you like to see your bot run faster, then I suggest you to use HTTP POST and not the old and slow webbrowser  command.

• 4 weeks later...

I use UBot every day and have never had that happen.  Also be sure to save your work often.  I go a bit overboard and save under a new file name more often than is necessary so I have thousands of .ubot files, but if anything happens I can alway check out what changes I have made along the way.

Was starting to think i was compulsive. Good to hear someone else does that. I literally have every step saved of every bot i have made. This why i know im not leaving anything out.. CTRL + S is second nature to me. 

Was starting to think i was compulsive. Good to hear someone else does that. I literally have every step saved of every bot i have made. This why i know im not leaving anything out.. CTRL + S is second nature to me.

I do something similar too. I save all my ubot code into Dropbox and have the rat pack(?) from them so every time I save as I work, it creates a new file and deletes the old one but keeps the version available in case I need to roll back. Plus, using Dropbox allows me to grab code easily when running ubot on my vps.