UBot Underground

New Neubie and a question about hyperlinks

Hi folks,

New to this bot universe. It looks fantastic, I am trying to get footing with the general aspects and hope to see where my imagination takes me.

I am enlightened in building boxes, installing OS's, DR, data storage, ground up office environment infrastructures, and lots of wire management, oh, some remote monitoring. I have a good sense of how things work and I enjoy educating myself with any challenge. Please watch out for my lack of experience in the beginning, I am a fast learner and hope to waste no time. With that said, I am very excited, but grounded, to get started with some good information first and then hope to get more involved with enterprising. I have been through the forum a bit and it seems like it stands on it's own, though, there are many loyal members who appear to be very genuine in their fortitude.

Now the question:

I hope I phrase this correctly to get my point across. How does one get a hyperlink inside a ui window- inside a text window (when adding information within a given bot already compiled) so that the end result, is in fact, a workable hyperlink in any given web page the bot posts to? Does that make sense? 

Thanks a bunch for any response and it is a pleasure to be among you all.

Camel 

Try this..

ui text box("URL", #url)
ui text box("AnchorText", #anchor)
set(#hyperlink, "<a href=\"{#url}\">{#anchor}</a>", "Global")
load html(#hyperlink)

Thank you so much for the sensible feedback results! I still have to try them out, I am thinking magoo has the answer but I will try automationNinja and LazyBotter's suggestion to see what will happen. It will take me a bit of time since I am new to this. I will leave feedback upon my completion.

Thanks again!

Camel

Yeah, this is the one for UI -

Try this..

ui text box("URL", #url)
ui text box("AnchorText", #anchor)
set(#hyperlink, "<a href=\"{#url}\">{#anchor}</a>", "Global")
load html(#hyperlink)

Thanks so much "Magoo, you've done it again"!

My explanations are not that great. But it is fantastic to get different sides to my questions. I see where the other suggested replies work as well. Thanks for all the input.

I hope this keeps within thread etiquette, I believe it is related enough. Let me know if I need another thread:

How do I add a hyperlink within a type text box? So I would have descriptive text and not sure how to or where to use the anchor tag within that descriptive text.

Using my example above, Set your text in the #anchor variable and then add the #anchor variable then place the #hyperlink variable in the type text