UBot Underground

Run an action at a precise time

Hi,

Lets said that I would like to send an email at a certain precise time, is that possible?

like:

1- Go to my email

2- Log into my account

3- Fill the form

4- send the email at: 04:31:58

Is that possible?

I work with the standard edition

thanks

Elizabeth

As long as you don't care too much if you don't send it at all, in case the bot isn't running at that given time... yes, it is possible.

You read the $time variable in a loop while and exit it and run the rest of the bot only when it met your date.

Of course, that means you keep the bot running all the time to 'catch' the exact moment you setup.

Otherwise, if you want to start the bot only at that specific time, you will need to fire the compiled bot with an external scheduler, like the Windows Task Scheduler, for instance...

ok

Is it possible to run an action anydate, any hour when the clock reach 9min30sec, 19min30sec, 29min30sec, etc

so at 1h59:30 it will perform an action, or at 9h39:30, etc etc,

I cannot use the wait command because I really need the action to be run at those specific time and when I use the wait command, i can't predict the loading time of the page and i really need the next command to be run at every time the clock it 9min30sec so 1h09h30 or 4h19:30 etc

so if I would like to run the action at 1h09:30, I could do:

loop while

comparaison

value 1

$date

condition

=

value2

12/11/2012 1:09:30

then

ACTION

So is it possible to to write something like

value2

x/x/x xx:x9:30

so it's gonna run anydate, any hour when the clock reach 9min30sec, 19min30sec, 29min30sec, etc

sorry i try to be as clear as possible but in english it's hard for me :-)

Elizabeth

Yes it is.

Just read your $date data and break it into its pieces (year, month, day, hour, minute, second) into different variables.

Then when you reach the exact timing you run the actions and at the end you mark the date as DONE in a different variable/list/table and if you plan to close the bot and open it again later and check, then you also save to a file (so that you can read it again when you restart the bot and check if the bot has run already or not, if it missed a day/date or not, etc... whatever you want.

Like I said, it is a very inefficient way to use a bot though (it will basically have to run in the background almost all the time).

Much better to use an external scheduler and say... start the compiled bot 2 minutes before the needed time then loop while inside the bot till the exact moment and then close the bot till next day, etc...

• Like 1