UBot Underground

Trying to change the drop down menu

Hi y'all

I have been having difficulties changing drop down menus. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Right now I am trying to change the birthdate drop down for the YouTube signup page(https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?). Waddya figure?

url

here is what I got:

change dropdown($element offset(<fieldset="Birthday">, 0), "Random - Skip First Choice")

You should always try to use the iphone/android user agents if you can when building bots (depending on what you are building). Changing the user agent to mobile will usually allow the pages to load faster & elements are easier to manipulate.

Carl

FREE Automation Software

• Like 1

interesting. Why do do you have to set user agent to iphone? just curious.

As sites are built different code is included for different browser engines as they tend to process information differently. Being able to mask ourselves as iphone (et. al.) just gives us another way of accessing the information if the standard browsers have bot blocking code, flash images, complex coding and/or are otherwise difficult to scrape. Smart phone browsers are based on much simple engines and I've always looked at that as kind of a back door for us botters... one that has saved my bot's collective asses on many occasions...

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

As sites are built different code is included for different browser engines as they tend to process information differently. Being able to mask ourselves as iphone (et. al.) just gives us another way of accessing the information if the standard browsers have bot blocking code, flash images, complex coding and/or are otherwise difficult to scrape. Smart phone browsers are based on much simple engines and I've always looked at that as kind of a back door for us botters... one that has saved my bot's collective asses on many occasions...

:rolleyes:

Nice. Always learning something new. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

can you tell me how you got it to change the drop down value?  it's working for the month and year but not the day for some reason.  when I do the day (change dropdown) it keeps saying "element offset" which is different then the month and year