UBot Underground

Ubot vs ZennoPoster - which is Best ...

I think I know the 'which is best' answer ... that's why I am here. But does anyone have practical experience with ZennoPoster and can shed light on the differences, as ZennoPoster certainly seems easier to a newbie who is feeling rather 'delicate' in the face of such a steep learning curve! All the 'little routines' of Ubot are perfectly simple to understand. What I find daunting, is stringing it all together. This seems to beckon me back to my University days and Program Structure Diagrams (Yikes! 15years ago :o)- any advice from the Forum Elders? :)

Well, I personally have limited experience with the ZP...The reason? I couldn't figure it out in a timely manner. My personal opinion is that the learning curve is exponentially steeper for ZP, and it was developed with the programmer in mind.

Having said that, there are several members here who use ZP as well, and will have more in depth insight than me. I simply attempted to use the trial version (specifically for the purpose of answering your question) and had the following experience:

1) It took me 20 minutes to figure out which window I was supposed to be using in ZP.

2) Once I figured that out it took me three hours to create a small script that did nothing more than fill two form fields and click the button to login to a site.

3) I was giving up at this point and never figured out how to actually see it work (I found the "Play" button, but couldn't watch it debug). Now obviously you can watch your scripts work, I just never figured it out on my own. I asked a question in the forum and never got a reply.

So keeping in mind my entire experience spanned a few short hours, it was enough for me to give up trying.

There was limited documentation in English, and I couldn't make heads or tails of the videos.

This is NOT a canned answer supporting UBot, this is my actual experience.

When I started with UBot three years ago, I had zero knowledge or experience yet had it mastered in 8 days. (I obviously chose to learn it and invested the time and effort in those 8 days). I have no idea what the process is for ZP beyond 4 hours because it was too frustrating for me...Just a side note. I was already well versed in programming and UBot when I attempted ZP.

I have no intentions of playing with it again, but again, I have very limited insight into their product. Hopefully, some of our members who do use it can provide more information based on more experience.

John

• Like 1

I will say that I own both Zennoposter 3.xx (have not upgraded to V4 yet) and Ubot.

I bought the professional version thinking that I would be able to use it to create kick a$$ bot's that will make me ton's of money.

That was simply not the case... When I purchased it the only video tut they had was how to make a twitter account creator. Needless to say, it was not very helpful. It had almost NO documentation on how to do anything complicated.

Try running threads, or looping pulling info from a file. I never figured it out. Probably because I bought Ubot instead ;) .

I simply did not have the time to learn a new programming language (let's be honest, that's what it is) so I chose to buy Ubot instead.

Not to mention the option to use Ubot to compile bots and re-sell them is the biggest advantage of Ubot over Zenno.

The support is horrible, I sent an email and got a response about a week later. Here, you ask a question and rarely have to wait more than a couple of hours for a response.

Is Ubot perfect? Not at all... But they are working very hard to make it that way. :) Is Zenno a bad software? Not at all... It's just to difficult to learn (for me anyway), and I prefer the drag and drop simplicity that Ubot has to offer.

Zenno 4 just came out, and I hear that it's much simpler to use now. Drag and Drop interface and majorly simplified. But right now I can't justify paying $90 to upgrade because I'm afraid I will never use it.

Moral of the story, I use Ubot everyday. Zennoposter is collecting virtual "dust" on my hard drive. $350 down the drain. I'm sure alot of people use zenno very effectively, but it's just not my cup of tea so to say.

Just my personal opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Justin

• Like 1

I, too, compared Zenno with ubot, along with autoIT and WinAutomation. In the end, ubot was the best choice for me. I like the UI and functionality of ubot and it seems almost limitless when creating bots (simple and complex).

I tried using zenno before ubot and it took me ages to even work out that i had to do the work in the "project maker" whereas i was trying to work out why i couldnt do anything in the "Zenno Poster" main program itself.

Once i started up the project maker, well, lets just say it took me 2 days to even work out how to create a very simple project and i still didnt make head nor tails of it. Paid over $300 for zenno and 3 days later, couldnt be bothered with learning it, too damn hard.

Now i got ubot and i will never look into any new software to make automation software, ubot, in my opinion, is the best there is. I had learned how to create my own bots, complex and simple, in a matter of hours. Simply because i didnt need to learn a programming language, ubot made perfect sense to me, drag and drop at its best.

The guys on this forum, like JohnB, LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru, UBotBuddy and many others give fast, straight forward answers that work and thats a fantastic way to learn some of the complexities of ubot.

The video tuts made by some of these guys are fantastic as well, just take a look at some of them, very detailed and easy to understand for the newbie like me.

Seth re-invented the wheel for me as programming was very much out of the scope of my brain, i can code html and a little css buy as far as proper programming goes, i didnt have a clue and im glad to say that, i still dont have a clue, but i dont need to anymore as ubot does it all for me :)

One more thing to say about ubot, ive made buckets of cold hard cash selling some of my bots and im loving it.

Now its back to "programming" for my clients :)

Mark

yeah i own both ubot and zenno poster ! zenno poster is good , not that easy to use for advanced use !

i find ubot za bit better when you can create standalone exe bots ! also i almost figured out how ubot works from top to buttom and i just got it 5 days ago or maybe less :)

I'm expecting to upgrade soon :)