UBot Underground

I have been working on a gmail related bot, and of course have been met with trouble every step of the way - However, I did (eventually) realize that google uses different form processes based on the user agent of the visitor (pretty slick of them).

For example, if you create an account generator using ie8 as your user agent, and it works flawlessly, and then you try to use a different user agent, it breaks your bot.

So, here's the tip - If you are going to use randomized user agents in your bot, be prepared to test every user agent in your list and use the if/then/else options as needed in order to make sure your bot remains functional.

I have been working on a gmail related bot, and of course have been met with trouble every step of the way - However, I did (eventually) realize that google uses different form processes based on the user agent of the visitor (pretty slick of them).

For example, if you create an account generator using ie8 as your user agent, and it works flawlessly, and then you try to use a different user agent, it breaks your bot.

So, here's the tip - If you are going to use randomized user agents in your bot, be prepared to test every user agent in your list and use the if/then/else options as needed in order to make sure your bot remains functional.

That's a good point Brutal, thanks for pointing it out. And if some sites aren't doing it now, they may do later, so having the if useragent = x in now will make maintaining the code easier if they do make any changes later.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...