UBot Underground

uBot Servers and Other Software ... ?

Ok, so I'm thinking about delving into running a bot from a Windows server...

That in itself should be "straight forward", but the next thing I think I have my own answer, but let see what you guys think/know... Can this be done?

Purchase Adobe Acrobat and install it on the Server (just like a desktop windows machine) and have it generate PDFs for me. (I'm wondering if this is against Adobe or most other vendors agreements.) I mean, what if I had an office where someone sits at a desk generating PDFs 24/7 would that be against their software agreement?

My thought is that I can install it on the server to generate PDFs for me.

Thanks.

There are also other softwares (Nitro PDF, Infix, et. al.) that work with PDF formats as well as online services that translate to PDF from a variety of sources... PDF is just another format so I can't see it violating any service agreements...

using a software for what its meant to do (by whatever means) is not against any tos, or aup

you should be fine.

the fine line and grey area is installing to a vps or remote server, that could be accessed by more then 1 person becomes a grey area, and might be against tos or aup policy's

@Rich: Thanks, but this has nothing to do with Wordpress. :)

@DuaneF: Yes that's true.. makes sense.

@LoWridErTJ: I agree with the use of... and the later point would be the grey.

THanks peeps. (Anyone else feel free to add your 2 cents.) :)