UBot Underground

MEMORY LEAK ISSUE: Temporary solution which has helped prevent bot crashes

Hi Guys

Here is two small videos demonstrating how the memory is just being eaten up.

This url shows just ubot standing still

http://screencast.com/t/3U29mS3Tzv8c

No script nothing running but it is slowly using up memory.

The vid is for 1 minute

Vid 2, I load a script and don't run the script for the first 2 minutes.

http://screencast.com/t/Dlpg589c

The next 3 minutes I run the script.

You clearly see that the memory usage is going up per second.

Mem cleaner is a work around but to be honest we need to have a solid platform as I personally do not feel comfortable selling the bots with this issue and I find it counter productive as you constantly have to watch and wait for the bot to crash.

I personally hope this is resolved sooner than later as UBOT is awesome but this issue totally degrades that purpose of the app....

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi! Newbie here! Sorry, but my english it's not so good... I was reading several topics about "running multiple bots", "memory leak", etc, but i could'nt find something about the max number of bots running. My question is, can i run a large number of bots, scraping different sites? By "large" i mean, more then 100 at same time?

This really depends on your system specs, and what exactly your bots are doing.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that without a MONSTER of a system and a MASSIVE internet speed then you are gonna have a very hard time running that many bots at once.

Exactly.

If you need to use a lot of bandwith I would recommend either renting a VPS with un-limited bandwith.  Or if you really need ALOT of power, I would suggest getting a dedicated server if that's something you really need.

I personally have quite a few VPS, and will upgrade to a full dedi when my needs surpass what my vps's can handle.

Yes, a have 2 dedicateds at Liquidweb and Hostgator... With your experience, could you tell me how long takes to scrape basic informations like prices, description, url, etc, (without the images) from a big website commerce like this one: www.submarino.com.br?

• 1 year later...

This solves MANY problems on my side ... but for the clients.... gets kinda ugly to request someone to install a memory cleaner.