UBot Underground

Email handling is very slow and not effective in v4

Hi, Eddie,if only me has these problem, please forget it,sorry.. here is the email problem i met with, make me puzzled..

1>when you try to verify several different regular emails in one thread, it will show errors,the problem is seems to be the delete email problem.

2>create table from email not so smooth, and some problem happen with the columns 4 or 5 which the links in some emails are falled in column 4 but some are in column 5.

3>urgently need email handling would have a better way to take out the username and passwords in some email instead of only verify links, i think this way is much easy than create tables.

4>still the speed seems very slow for the email connection, and the delete function seems has problem.

Hi, Eddie,if only me has these problem, please forget it,sorry.. here is the email problem i met with, make me puzzled..

1>when you try to verify several different regular emails in one thread, it will show errors,the problem is seems to be the delete email problem.

2>create table from email not so smooth, and some problem happen with the columns 4 or 5 which the links in some emails are falled in column 4 but some are in column 5.

3>urgently need email handling would have a better way to take out the username and passwords in some email instead of only verify links, i think this way is much easy than create tables.

4>still the speed seems very slow for the email connection, and the delete function seems has problem.

1) What errors are you seeing? Could you take a screenshot of one?

2) Columns 4 and 5 are the email text and the email HTML. If the person sends you a text email, it will show up in column 4, if they send you an HTML email, it will show up in column 5. If they send both an HTML and text version of the email, it will show the text version in column 4, and the HTML version in column 5. That is why sometimes one of the columns will be blank.

3) This is a good suggestion, for now you can extract the information yourself using regular expressions.

4) The speed is only related to your computer connecting to the mail server, so if the mail server or your connection is slow, it will be slow. Keep in mind, you can use the $email functions to access individual emails, if you don't want to wait for it to download every email using create table from emails.

4 part 2) I have seen some issues with the delete email command, and I believe these issues are related to how POP3 servers work, and the settings on those servers. We are adding support for IMAP email which should be able to delete email much more reliably.

Thanks for the update, I hope my information helps you :).