UBot Underground

Bot Bank - commands only?

I haven't gone through all of the current Bot bank deposits, but for those that I have checked, it appears that Bot Bank only can handle commands and not functions.

For Create Accounts, Logins etc this is a big disadvantage IMHO. Everytime my bots creates accounts it checks the status of the account creation and then stores that into my identity files. That way, with a stuffed full identity file, the bots can be completely automated with control because only accounts that have been verified to exist, are logged in/operated on.

For people who sell account creation services I also think it is beneficial to KNOW that their account creations really have created e.g. 1000 accounts and not 992 (or whatever because they won't know). Since Ubot subroutines/defines can't take lists or tables as parameters there is no other way to handle such information but in a return variable, that is, a function.

I might of course be wrong. Is there a possibility to create functions as part of Bot Bank? If no, is it on the roadmap?

Another thing I was just thinking of is whether there will be any hierchy of categories of deposited bots in Bot bank? I mean, the number of sites will rather soon be enormous.

You can add whatever code you want in Bot Bank submissions. There are no command limitations. If you want to add custom functions and/or commands in your code, feel free. If you click on edit script you can see the code of the existing commands. If you feel you can make them better, feel free to do so. They will be moderated and either approved or denied (depending on whether it works or not).

John

A word of caution though. If your intent is to put in giant complex blocks of code, do not expect a quick turnaround with moderation as we need to make sure everything is in order logically, and completely functional. You might want to consider commenting anything beyond basic coding. If we can't understand the purpose or the logic it won't get approved until we have instructions or a good explanation of the submission. (In other words, just make sure it's set up so we know what your trying to achieve)

Actually, I have started to use Bot bank now. As long as accounts are not logged out afterwards (e.g. after a Twitter signup, a Hotmail account creation etc), then I can choose to grab statuses (or not) myself.

It's MUCH better this way!