UBot Underground

Have the AV companies actually realised?

Last couple of bots I have put together are coming back clean by Virus Total, a site that normally gives 2 or 3 virus alerts per bots.

Have you guys actually made AV companies realise that the bots don't contain virii or have you changed something with the compiler?

Cheers!

from what I observed, AV software are always detecting Bots/ Keyloggers etc as a threat. I don't know what they are trying to achieve on this. I just add the program the the trust list to fix the issue.

It's really unknown to me exactly what it is, but I do know that every company I have approached with the issue acknowledged it was a false positive.

John

I honestly think that it comes down to usage.

And AV company's have a rating scale, of the number of people actively using a software, and the more and more users that use it, and ok the software as safe builds there database on that program further for it to be white-listed as trust worthy.

lets face it.. AV company's have no way to break down some of the encryption on a lot of software out there, and guarantee they cant tell what type of software something is by its name. Only by what it does. A bot mimics interaction with a web page, by either moving a mouse, or performing actions. The AV wouldn't be able to tell if it was human or automated.

Calling it a backdoor, spyware, malware, tracking, etc... is a HUGE false positive and the developer that programmed that bit of code to the AV should be slapped for falsely making accusations on a legitimate program.

But be it that the AV company's want to be proclaimed as a trust worthy company that can keep you safe from everything (HAHA) they red flag anything new, and never before seen until it has enough users using it to be listed as trust worthy.

Maybe so, but it's really good that the UBot staff continues to try to whitelist Ubot bots. I believe many people, with few/low or obsolete IT skills, will not install software that is detected as threats. It doesn't matter if people can whitelist/trustlist them manually, because such people don't know how to do that anyway.

Maybe so, but it's really good that the UBot staff continues to try to whitelist Ubot bots. I believe many people, with few/low or obsolete IT skills, will not install software that is detected as threats. It doesn't matter if people can whitelist/trustlist them manually, because such people don't know how to do that anyway.

I agree, but unfortunately we are at their mercy as to whether or not they decide to make any changes on their end...they all say they are going to and then we just end up bugging them for months...some do and others just blow it off...it's a shame.

John