UBot Underground

I am scraping some webpages for <h1> tags and I am doing this using the regexp <h1\b[^>]*>(.*?)<\/h1> .

Using http://www.rubular.com/ the expression seem ok and only what is in between the tags is "identified", but the output of my script actully includes the <h1> and </h1> tags too. I would prefer it not to. Anyone who sees something obvious that a noob in regexp like me doesn't see (I tried to learn this yesterday :) ).

clear list(%h1)
add list to list(%h1, $find regular expression($page scrape("<html ", "</html>"), "<h1\\b[^>]*>(.*?)<\\/h1>"), "Delete", "Global")

Thanks!

It could look like:

<html>
<head>
	<title>This is the title I am interested in</title>
</head>

<body>
	<h1>Here is a header 1 text without attributes</h1>
	<h1 id="no-interesting-id" class="no-interested-class-either">Here is a header 1 text with attributes that I do not care about</h1>
</body>
</html>

Rubular can be deceptive because I believe it uses the Ruby flavor where UBot uses the .NET flavor. Sometimes it works for us and sometimes it doesn't.

john

I am scraping some webpages for <h1> tags and I am doing this using the regexp <h1\b[^>]*>(.*?)<\/h1> .

Using http://www.rubular.com/ the expression seem ok and only what is in between the tags is "identified", but the output of my script actully includes the <h1> and </h1> tags too. I would prefer it not to. Anyone who sees something obvious that a noob in regexp like me doesn't see (I tried to learn this yesterday :) ).

clear list(%h1)
add list to list(%h1, $find regular expression($page scrape("<html ", "</html>"), "<h1\\b[^>]*>(.*?)<\\/h1>"), "Delete", "Global")

Thanks!

Eureka! It works!

Instead of the above code it should be:

clear list(%h1)
add list to list(%h1, $scrape attribute(<outerhtml=r"<h1\\b[^>]*>(.*?)<\\/h1>">, "innertext"), "Delete", "Global")

Problem solved. Nothing wrong with my first regexp that is. It was the scraping...

Yeeehaaa! :) (still I do think it was odd that it didn't work before )

It is REALLY powerful with regular expressions and not at all as impossible as it looked at a first glance (ok, I still have a lot to learn, but...)