UBot Underground

Securing Our Bots/Updating them and providing unique licences

So Im close to a working bot that I can sell but a little overwhelmed with the choices for securing our bots... But seriously I would like to be able to update and push the updates to existing users, provide a secure bot and present a professional appearance. I can't be alone on this..

I acquired the script floating around here but have not considered implimenting it until I receive some feedback. So if anyone is using this or has purchased protect gold or a cheaper alternative, your opinions would be invaluable. Protect gold seems quite expensive but if it does what it says on the box I can be persuaded to bite.. I tried contacting them first but did not receive a reply.. (66th.net) Is it updated, working with current build of Ubot?

Thanks in advance

So Im close to a working bot that I can sell but a little overwhelmed with the choices for securing our bots... But seriously I would like to be able to update and push the updates to existing users, provide a secure bot and present a professional appearance. I can't be alone on this..

I acquired the script floating around here but have not considered implimenting it until I receive some feedback. So if anyone is using this or has purchased protect gold or a cheaper alternative, your opinions would be invaluable. Protect gold seems quite expensive but if it does what it says on the box I can be persuaded to bite.. I tried contacting them first but did not receive a reply.. (66th.net) Is it updated, working with current build of Ubot?

Thanks in advance

Hi Rich

I'm a Protect Gold user, and very happy with it. And yes, it works with v4 ubots, but I'm not sure if you would also need the v3.5 version if you use that as well.

Normally I have to say that the service from Andy (66th.net) is not only fast, but also extremely helpful, however I have noticed that he's not been around to answer questionsfrom others lately. All I can think of that it might be due to illness or something similar, as I personally have had nothing but the best support in the past, including providing me a modified version of the v4 Protect Gold to cater for for a specific requirement, which he did within an hour and at no charge!

It does do everything it says on the box, and more besides.

Thinking about it now, I'll try and dig out Andy's phone number and give him a ring to see how he is.

Hope this helps Rich,

Best Regards

Phil

I personally use Protect Gold myself. But also in the process of building a new licensing system that is talked about in a thread here.

Protect gold does what it states it does.

However there is security issues with Protect gold that I wish not divulge at this time. Make sure you use the ubot code that comes with it to secure it better. Without it, it is easily gone around. And each bot seemingly needs its own set of administration files, which after looking through them also have a lot of issues that could allow sql injection. There is many improvements that can be made.

This might sound a bit basis but it is an honest overview of the software. And like i said I currently use it myself, till i finish building this new system.

And each bot seemingly needs its own set of administration files, which after looking through them also have a lot of issues that could allow sql injection.

This just scared me. :o what are you working on TJ? Hurry up!

This just scared me. :o what are you working on TJ? Hurry up!

Trying bud.. trust me i want it completed to..

Honestly the high price is scaring me away, I could handle it if I knew it was constantly evolving and being updated. Any ETA on your solution TJ? Love the code generator btw.

Glad you like the generator bud.. Has saved people a lot of time, and continues to grow even more interest in the community..

As for an ETA, it has been a long time coming at this point. I had almost given up on it a while ago, as it is a bit over my head on programming which is why I hired a programmer to create it for me. But so far so good, and things are coming along nicely and I hope to have something solid for release soon.

**Note I do want to express that even though i might be creating my own licensing system, that I am not intentionally trying to bash anyone or there product such as Protect Gold. I am simply giving my opinion and observations from using there product..

Thats fair and I honestly never took it as a bashing. From my impressions net66 is a contributing member around here so it would be great to have him chime in... In all honesty I will probably grab his app as it the best solution available and after some sniffing around seems even the great taur on bhtf can attest to its working security..