UBot Underground

Generating Words Permutations : How ?

Hello again ;)

I am having a really hard time trying to find a way to generate words permutations...

By this I mean I have a string :

ubot studio software

And i'm trying to generate all uniques permutations (word level) to have at the end:

ubot software studio

studio ubot software

studio software ubot

...etc

How can I do such thing with Ubot ? I really have no clue how to proceed, maybe the solution would be with javascript but I still don't know how... :huh:

Any suggestion ?

Cheers,

Something like this?

add list to list(%randomization, $list from text("ubot software studio", " "), "Delete", "Global")
set(#random, "{$random list item(%randomization)} {$random list item(%randomization)} {$random list item(%randomization)}", "Global")
load html(#random)

Something like this?

add list to list(%randomization, $list from text("ubot software studio", " "), "Delete", "Global")
set(#random, "{$random list item(%randomization)} {$random list item(%randomization)} {$random list item(%randomization)}", "Global")
load html(#random)

Hi Kreatus,

I'm not sure I understand exactly how I should interpret this code.

Is it version 4 ?

To be honest I'm still using version 3.5.something as the last time I tried version 4 there was too much issues.

If you have the visual interpretation of you code it would really help :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,

Or, if you're really trying to spin the results without duplicating the words in the phrase you might want to try something like this (v4.x):

ui text box("Word 1", #w1)

ui text box("Word 2", #w2)

ui text box("Word 3", #w3)

set(#Result, $spin("\{{#w1} {#w2} {#w3}|{#w1} {#w3} {#w2}|{#w2} {#w1} {#w3}|{#w2} {#w3} {#w1}|{#w3} {#w1} {#w2}|{#w3} {#w2} {#w1}\}"), "Global")

load html(#Result)

Dutch

Dj, this issue can become quite complex depending on the scope of the phrase you are working with...are you interested in a script that handles any number of words, or just three? It makes a huge difference in the approach, and realistically anything more than 4 will become a coding nightmare simply due to the shear number of possibilities that will exist. If it's just three, both of the posted codes will work fine for you.

I would suggest you give v4 another try. I do all of my coding in it now, and rarely have any issues anymore.

John

Way back in the olden days I used to be pretty good at statistics. Especially, when it came to this stuff.

There are actually two kinds of permutations (with replacements and without replacements). One gets you a boat load more data.

Check this bot out.

clear list(%permutations)

clear list(%list1)

clear list(%list2)

clear list(%list3)

add list to list(%list1, $list from text(#wgrp1, $new line), "Delete", "Global")

add list to list(%list2, $list from text(#wgrp2, $new line), "Delete", "Global")

add list to list(%list3, $list from text(#wgrp3, $new line), "Delete", "Global")

loop($list total(%list1)) {

set(#grp1, $next list item(%list1), "Global")

set list position(%list2, 0)

loop($list total(%list2)) {

set(#grp2, $next list item(%list2), "Global")

set list position(%list3, 0)

loop($list total(%list3)) {

set(#grp3, $next list item(%list3), "Global")

set(#var, "{#grp1} {#grp2} {#grp3}", "Global")

add item to list(%permutations, #var, "Delete", "Global")

}

}

}

save to file("{$special folder("Desktop")}/permutations.txt", %permutations)

divider

stop script

ui block text("Word Group 1", #wgrp1)

ui stat monitor("Total Words ", $list total(%list1))

ui stat monitor("____________________", "")

ui block text("Word Group 2", #wgrp2)

ui stat monitor("Total Words ", $list total(%list2))

ui block text("Word Group 3", #wgrp3)

ui stat monitor("Total Words ", $list total(%list3))

ui stat monitor("Total Combinations", $list total(%permutations))

Took me a few minutes but it will produce combinations for you in an absurd way. LOL

Place your first group of unique words in the first text box. Your second group of unique words in the 2nd box and do the same for the third textbox.

Run it. If you put 3 words into each box then you would get 3 * 3 * 3 = 27 phrases.

Now.

If you put ALL of the three word groups into all of the three textboxes and run it you would get

9 * 9 * 9 = 729 phrases

This was a fun exercise.