UBot Underground

Random Doesn't Seem Very Random

When I set the bot to randomly pull items from a list it doesn't seem very random. For example I had a list of 20 items. After 25 runs of the bot I had

1 item posted 8 times

1 item posted 6 times

1 item posted 3 times

3 items posted 2 times

So 3 out of 20 items took up 18 out of 25 spots and 5 out of 20 items took up 20 out of 25 spots. It seems like random sticks on certain list items. I don't know... has anyone else noticed this?

Could you include any relevant code? Random seems to be random for me in the following code:

clear list(%numbers)
loop(25) {
   add item to list(%numbers, $rand(1, 25), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
}

This produces the results:

%numbers	[25, 23, 6, 1, 4, 7, 22, 5, 24, 10, 7, 3, 15, 13, 13, 18, 20, 19, 24, 13, 24, 3, 13, 4, 25]

random - to be completely out of your control and randomly picks something from a group of possibility's.

If you want it more specific IE: dont post the same thing more then x times then you would have to create a set of commands to check how many times each item that is selected randomly and posted. if it has reached your max post then randomize it again, else let it post.