UBot Underground

UI html preloads fields when ubot starts

I just saw the update today when I opened Ubot that the "UI HTML panel fields will be preloaded when UBOT starts".

Can someone please explain to me how this works and if I have any control over what's preloaded into these fields?

It means when you have a ui html panel that has a text box or select box pre filled with a value, we load that into a variable immediately, instead of only loading it into a variable if something changes in the ui html panel.

It means when you have a ui html panel that has a text box or select box pre filled with a value, we load that into a variable immediately, instead of only loading it into a variable if something changes in the ui html panel.

Hi Eddie, I tried to do this but it's still not loading it into a variable for me. Can you please provide a working example of this? I am trying to preload vaules using the "$read file" function.

Hi Eddie, I tried to do this but it's still not loading it into a variable for me. Can you please provide a working example of this? I am trying to preload vaules using the "$read file" function.

Sure, here's an example

ui html panel("<input type=\"text\" value=\"my text\" variable=\"#var1\">", 45)

When you load that bot the variable #var1 should be set to "my text".

Sure, here's an example

ui html panel("<input type=\"text\" value=\"my text\" variable=\"#var1\">", 45)

When you load that bot the variable #var1 should be set to "my text".

Is it possible to preload the text box variable value by reading a file, like it was in v3.5?

I have been trying to do this, but have not been successful so far in v4.

Is it possible to preload the text box variable value by reading a file, like it was in v3.5?

I have been trying to do this, but have not been successful so far in v4.

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to do? Are you talking about in the ui html panel? If you show how you would do it in v3 I can explain better if and how it is possible to do what you want :).

good question about populating ui elements from a file, I've been wanting to see this for a while, i think it would be very beneficial.

What he means I think eddie, if I had to provide an example...

The end user would be able to click a 'load' button for example at which point the user could pre-populate the UI elements with values from say, a previous project.

Or, another example would be, the developer wanting to populate the fields with some default value when bots are opened.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

This is exactly what ive been looking for a few hours.

Any progress ?

With regards,

Robin

good question about populating ui elements from a file, I've been wanting to see this for a while, i think it would be very beneficial.

What he means I think eddie, if I had to provide an example...

The end user would be able to click a 'load' button for example at which point the user could pre-populate the UI elements with values from say, a previous project.

Or, another example would be, the developer wanting to populate the fields with some default value when bots are opened.

You can do that now, with UI button

in there, drag in the set variable, in that add the prompt function.

it will prompt the user to enter a name of the project (ie folder name where files are stored)

then set your variable's with the read file attributes from the folder they supplied in prompt, and it will update your UI area items.