UBot Underground

Autopicking Dropdowns {+CODE}

So I've been thinking about making a directory submission bot a bit more automated and came up with a similar functionality that most automated russian submitters use - to scan dropdowns for series of keywords and if it exists in that dropdown, pick that choice.

So the general idea is that a user writes the keywords in a keyword UI field (which is also used for filling the keyword/tag fields) and it explodes that list by a comma and does a regex search on the dropdowns one-by-one.

Code (using "orado" as a keyword which is included in the dropdown choice "Colorado -- CO"):

navigate("http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/htmlselect.php", "Wait")
set(#opcija, $find regular expression($document text, ">(.*)orado(.*)</option"), "Global")
set(#opcija, $replace(#opcija, ">", $nothing), "Global")
set(#opcija, $replace(#opcija, "</option", $nothing), "Global")
change dropdown($element offset(<tagname="select">, 1), #opcija)

Obviously it's still limited by this bug, but once that gets fixed it's already working.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

That's correct. Sometimes the selection defaults to an offset. You can just click on the advanced editor and choose the attribute without the offset. It is not a bug, it simply provides options to select one or multiple items.

John

• 2 months later...

hey i want to do similar thing but cant undersant the code as i m more faimilar with the node view.. I want to do is select from dropdown

select 1(if not avialble) or 2(n if its also not ) or select 3 etc