UBot Underground

Starting out - What's going on?

Hi

Just got ubot (version 4). Right away I'm noticing the tutorials have a different UI. Ok, I can work around that.

But now, every example bot that I download is the wrong file type or it is not a valid file.

"Unable to load bot because it is not a valid ubot 4 file"

So what's the deal? How do I open these older bots?

Ubot 4 is a different file type. Your older bots scripted in V3.5 will not YET be supported by Ubot 4.x, Ubot team is actively working on a way to convert the old version script to be usable in V4. But that might a little bit of time.

To open Ubot 4.x coded bots you need to Open UbotStudio 4.x and then use File -> Open -> and select the bot file, for now.

Hope it helps :)

Praney

Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply. Is there a way to run a version 3.x? It seems like I came in at a disadvantageous time for newbies.

Another question:

I am trying to build a bot that logs into my linklicious account and pastes a large lists of links into the form and clicks a button.

Right now I'm using type text with $read file to paste it in, but my CPU maxes out and it takes over an hour to complete.

What is the best practice to paste a large list of URLs?

Lets talk 3k and also as much as 15k for number of URLs at once.

Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply. Is there a way to run a version 3.x? It seems like I came in at a disadvantageous time for newbies.

Another question:

I am trying to build a bot that logs into my linklicious account and pastes a large lists of links into the form and clicks a button.

Right now I'm using type text with $read file to paste it in, but my CPU maxes out and it takes over an hour to complete.

What is the best practice to paste a large list of URLs?

Lets talk 3k and also as much as 15k for number of URLs at once.

Since type text simulates the keyboard when typing, it has to do a lot more processing. If you use the change attribute command with the attribute "value" it should put the data in much faster.

As far as using UBot 3, you can send a ticket to support.ubotstudio.com and they'll help you get set up with UBot 3.

Yes I think you can use both V3.x and V4.x at the same time.

I think, V3.5 had limitations with the number of list items to use at once due to over memory consumption. I used to stay away from anything over 3K in a list at a time. But it also depends on your system specs. can give you a couple of tips though:

- Try to break down your list into equal sized chunks(pref. around 2k). Can be done manually or programatically.

- Try to clear the previous list once the operation is complete before adding new lists to reuse system memory resources.

Hope it helps. :)

Praney

Since type text simulates the keyboard when typing, it has to do a lot more processing. If you use the change attribute command with the attribute "value" it should put the data in much faster.As far as using UBot 3, you can send a ticket to support.ubotstudio.com and they'll help you get set up with UBot 3.

Thanks! that worked much faster :)

Yes I think you can use both V3.x and V4.x at the same time.I think, V3.5 had limitations with the number of list items to use at once due to over memory consumption. I used to stay away from anything over 3K in a list at a time. But it also depends on your system specs. can give you a couple of tips though:- Try to break down your list into equal sized chunks(pref. around 2k). Can be done manually or programatically.- Try to clear the previous list once the operation is complete before adding new lists to reuse system memory resources.Hope it helps. :)Praney

Thank you very much for the tips

Yay! I've made my first successful bot. It's a simple one. It logs into my linklicious account and submits my links for me.

I want to tie this in with my winautomation jobs. What's the best way to do this? I want to know how to call a winauto job from ubot. I'm sure I already know how to call a ubot script with winauto.

Thank you once again.

Here is a regex question... (I hate regex)....

I want to filter out a specific file. It will always be in this format

name.csv

name2.csv

name3.csv

etc etc

What regex do I use to look for name[number].csv?

Going to google and will post here if I can find it.

p.s. I suppose I shall stick to posting in this thread instead of creating a new thread for every little question.

p.p.s. I am loving ubot. Best $200 I ever spent :)