UBot Underground

Help! :) Identi.ca Captcha, now Delayed

Recently the site Identi.ca has made it so that the captcha form on their registration page appears after a small time delay...

As such in a regular browser, it will show up.

In ubot, no matter what user agent I'm using, it will not show up - thus limiting my ability to create a new account.

Can somebody please help me on this one?

Step by step, not just the method by which to do it... :) Appreciate it! Thanks!

https://identi.ca/main/register

identibot.ubot

• Like 1

nope, it's definetely ubot.

not sure whats going on, i can login with one of my proxies using firefox, or IE, and the captcha shows up.

try the same proxy using the same UA in ubot, or no UA in ubot, and the captcha simply never shows...

ok, so here is what I get:

http://screencast.com/t/Ci46Etgf7mz6

So we need to drill down what the issue is on your end. It's not ubot (since some of us are not having that issue) so let's start at the beginning. Are you using broadband, fios or dialup?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John,

sorry it's taken me a while to get back here - reformat and all that... ::woot::

So, I'm using Cox Broadband Cable, rocking wireless through a netgear router.

No problems when I go there with firefox, so I tried using firefox as a user agent - but ubot still wouldn't get the captcha.

Not sure what the dilly is...

I use CCleaner, I clear all history and cookies all the dang time manually also. - I even release, & renew my ip religiously... Then for good measure, I also /flushdns. :)

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...I just ran it straight up (just the nav command) and it loads instantly every time...However...when I added a set useragent, I still got it loaded but it took over 20 seconds each time, so I think imservices may be on to something here. Try a brand new bot, and just nav to that site...no other commands...let us know how it went.

John