UBot Underground

Scrape and Save to different .txt files

Hello,

I am trying to scrape and then save the content to a different file each time the loop cycles. For example saving different articles in text files like scrape1.txt, scrape2.txt, scrape3.txt etc. I receive the error “Unable to save to file†with attached a screen shot.

I also tried http://support.ubotstudio.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/44/10/ubot-studio-creating-files-as-the-script-runs with no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

post-1758-0-40951000-1310663756_thumb.jpg

try to remove the $list item and just set a variable outside the loop and put a 0 value on it. At the end of the loop put a "inc" in that variable. Put that variable inside your save file replacing the $list item.

If still doesn't help you can upload the source or pm it to me and I will edit it for you.

I tried to implement as you suggested but not sure if I did it correctly. Now I do not receive the error as before but there are no files being created. I am really stumped with this. I uploaded the relevant code for you to review. Thanks for the help!

test123.ubot

I tried to implement as you suggested but not sure if I did it correctly. Now I do not receive the error as before but there are no files being created. I am really stumped with this. I uploaded the relevant code for you to review. Thanks for the help!

test123.ubot

Here check this test123.ubot

Ok, almost got it.

Now each time the cycle loops and new .txt file is created for each scrape! The issue now is the content ( actual text being scraped) is the Same in each file. I tried adding a "clear list" after the "save file" but then no .txt files were created. Do I need to add "clear list" in another position? Any other suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!