UBot Underground

url string is messed up after scraping

hi,

i tried searching for this problem but don't really know what to search for and so couldn't find a solution. please help if it's not too much trouble for you :)

so i navigate to this page where i want to scrape a url. the url is in this format in the ubot browser visually:

http://domain.com/v1.php?pid=1&hid=12345&t=0(0)&zz=123&jump=<sub_tracking%20id>&par=a1234-q.w.e.r%09a.sdfghj%097

but what i scrape is:

http://domain.com/v1.php?pid=1&hid=12345&t=0(0)&zz=123&jump=<sub_tracking[space]id>&par=a1234-q.w.e.r[tab]a.sdfghj[tab]7

[space] and [tab] are added because ubot forum automatically deletes the space and tab within the quote, but it's there

then because i want to navigate to my scraped url, i simply do navigate, scraped url variable. however, since some subsitutions occur like:

& becomes &

< becomes <

> becomes >

%20 becomes [space]

%09 becomes [tab]

i think these changes are breaking my url and i so can't navigate to it anymore... what can be done to make the url working again?

thanks for that. i did replace the %09 by nothing

then i realize the urls will vary so greatly that i don't know how many characters i need to replace... i wonder if there is a more universial method to replace all ASCII characters

unfortunately that is not my call to make... i don't think my biz partner would be comfortable with sharing it.

anyway to replace these characters easily?

thanks for the help!

I asked because there maybe another way to scrape the links without ubot automatically convert certain characters.

If [space] converted to these

%20
%09
%05 

You can use this regex code

%[0-9]{2}

to replace it into [space]

Are you scraping these urls from the page itself, or is this the url in the address bar? If they are clickable links click on them and then grab the $url.

thanks for the response :)

these links are from $page scrape

i tried choosing it by attribute and getting the link, but the result is the same as what i get from $page scrape

I asked because there maybe another way to scrape the links without ubot automatically convert certain characters.

so it is ubot that converts them into characters?

weird as i have not come across this scraping other pages/ links.

so it is ubot that converts them into characters?

weird as i have not come across this scraping other pages/ links.

I think so, when you use $page scrape.

Try to "choose attribute" then $scrape chosen attribute > href. It should scrape the correct url.

Edit: I just realized that you already tried "choose attribute" then $scrape chosen attribute . Then I think the last resort there will be replacing every wrong characters.