UBot Underground

I am creating a bot to scrape a local listings website.

The way I have it set up is.

I have used the UI to enter in a search term example " pizza atlanta "

the bot then navigates to the site enters the search text and clicks the search button

The site then produces a list of results it also creates multiple pages or results for this example it came back with 200 listings 20 per pages.

I have created the first scraper which will grab the urls on the first page. But having trouble figuring out how to get the bot to move to the next page and next until it has grabbed all the urls for that search result.

Is this a loop command. I was trying to get a loop to press the next button. But I am not sure how it will recognize the amount of pages and just keep going and never stop?

Any Ideas?

the next state I want the bot to go to the urls 1 by 1 and scrape pieces of content to add to a CSV but I will need to finish this part first.

Please let me know

M

How much would you charge for the source? I would really like to learn ubot but also need to product this scrapper quick we are trying to build a database to cross reference with another database?

M

• 11 months later...

here is what your trying to do with the search. will gather all search results

I tried to download the file.. I'm having the same issue to (I'm new, just started today). Can you send me that file as well? It would really help me out.

Thanks.